Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 3361 , May 22, 2006
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      It was said concerning Abba Agathon that some monks came to find him having
      heard tell of his great discernment. Wanting to see if he would lose his
      temper they said to him, "Aren't you Agathon who is said to be a fornicator
      and proud man? '"Yes, it is very true," he answered. They resumed. "Aren't
      you that Agathon who is always talking nonsense?" "I am"
      Again they said, "Aren't you Agathon the heretic?" But at that he replied "I
      am not a heretic." So they asked him, "Tell us why you accepted everything
      we cast you, but repudiated this last insult." He replied, "The first
      accusations I take to myself, for that is good for my soul. But heresy is
      separation from God. Now I have no wish to be separated from God." At this
      saying they were astonished at his discernment and returned, edified.

      From the Desert Fathers.

      "For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends."
      2 Corinthians 10:18

    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3361 of 3361 , Feb 1 7:42 AM
        Dear honorable members