Re: Jacobite MLAs

  • C J Varugese
    Message 1 of 3363 , May 19, 2006
      Dear All,

      This has reference to numerous joyous messages over election of 8 candidates under the LDF banner due to the Jacobite support. It would better if we remember that in the previous UDF coalition also we were having MLAs, and the former CM was an Orthodox member. The IOC expected more from the former CM as was their experience with the great PC Alexander, CM Stephen etc. But the former CM turned down all their demands, put turmoil in their expectations. Being a politician, Mr. Chandy know very well the overturning nature of the Kerala political scenario, he never relented to the iOc wish, but just kept a distance from both the factional fights (It is not because of the fear of God or shyness to the society, but his vast knowledge as a politician prevented him to extend his wholehearted help to IOC). The Alwaye incident, it seems that was not orchestrated by the CM, but somebody else. (It is our duty to help the LDF government to expose those people who played behind the curtains during that period). Please remember our past experiences in the court cases. Till the HC we were the winners. But the SC ruling was against us in 1958. But the 1995 SC verdict has undone the injustice imposed upon the Jacobites. We are the winners of 1995, otherwise the low-lying IOC champions would have seen that all the Jacobite Churches in Kerala closed. While congratulating the eight winning MLAs amongst us, I would suggest them to use their wisdom, and stand along with the truth. Just getting elected is not the core point to remember, their actions in the five-year term will speak for them. (Remember both the "Commanders" of our Church - Shri PP Thankachan and Shri TM Jacob, the Jacobite label didn't help them now). The damages caused by the previous IOC-ian politicians and bureacratcs are the better example to remember now. I really appreciate the former CM Mr. Ommen Chandy's stand, not favouring anybody in this matter.

      With regards,
      CJ Varughese
      MEM. ID 1012
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com