Dont cry after reading this...

  • Nibu M. John
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2002
      I really cannot hold my tears......

      A good reminder : take time to appreciate what you
      have now.
      On the last day before chritmas, i hurried to go to
      the supermarket to buy the remaining of the gift i
      didnt manage to buy earlier.
      When i saw all the people there, i started to complain
      to myself: 'It is going to take forever here and i
      still have so many other place to go...'
      'Christmas really is getting more and more annoying
      every year. How i wish i could just lie down, go to
      sleep and only wake up after it...'
      Nonetheless, i made my way to the toy section, and
      there i started to curse the prices, wondering if
      afterall kids really play with such expensive toys.
      While looking in the toy section, i noticed a small
      boy of about 5 years old, pressing a doll against his
      chest.
      He kept on touching the hair of the doll and looked so
      sad. I wondered who was this doll for.
      Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to
      him: 'Granny, are you sure i dont have enough money?'
      The old lady replied: 'You know it that you dont have
      enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'
      Then she asked him to stay here for 5 minutes while
      she went to look around. She left quickly.
      The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
      Finally, i started to walk toward him and i asked him
      who did he want to give this doll to.
      'It is the doll that my sister loved most and wanted
      so much for this christmas. She was so sure that
      Santa Clauss would bring it to her.'
      I replied to him that maybe Santa Clauss will bring it
      to her, afterall, and not to worry.
      But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Clauss can not
      bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the
      doll to my mother so that she can give it to her when
      she goes there.'
      His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My sister has
      gone to be with God. Daddy say that Mummy will also go
      to see God very soon, so i thought that she could
      bring the doll with her to give it to my sister'
      My heart nearly stopped.
      The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy
      to tell mummy not to go yet. I asked him to wait until
      I come back from the supermarket'
      Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he
      was laughing. He then told me: 'I also want mummy to
      take this photo with her so that she will not forget
      me.'
      'I love my mummy and i wish she doesnt have to leave
      me but daddy says that she has to go to be with my
      little sister'
      Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very
      quietly.
      I quickly reached for my wallet and took a few notes
      and said to the boy. 'What if we checked again, just
      in case if u have enough money?'
      'Ok' he said. 'I hope that i have enough.'
      I added some of my money to his without him seeing and
      we started to count it. There was enough for the doll,
      and even some spare money.
      The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me
      enough money'
      Then he looked at me and added: 'I asked yesterday
      before i slept for God to make sure i have enough
      money to buy this doll so that mummy can give it to my
      sister. He heard me'
      'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white
      rose for my mummy, but i didnt dare to ask God too
      much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and then
      white rose.'
      'You know, my mummy loves white rose'
      A few minutes later, the old lady came again and i
      left with my trolley.
      I finished my shopping in a totally different state
      from when i started. I couldnt get the little boy out
      of my mind.
      Then i remembered a local newspaper article 2 days
      ago, which mentioned of a drunk man in a truck who hit
      a car where there was one young lady and a little>>
      girl.
      The little girl died right away, and the mother was
      left in a critical state. The family had to decide
      whether to pull the plug on the life-assisting
      machine, because the young lady would not be able to
      get out of the coma. Was this the family of the
      little boy?
      Two days after this encounter with the little boy, i
      read in the newspaper that the young lady had passed
      away.
      I couldnt stop myself and went to buy a bunch of white
      roses and i went to the mortuary where the body of the
      young woman was exposed for people to see and make
      last wish before burial.
      She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful
      white rose in her hand with the photo of the little
      boy and the doll placed over her chest.
      I left the place crying, feeling that my life had been
      changed forever. The love that this little boy had for
      his mother and his sister is still, to that day, hard
      to imagine.
      And in a fraction of a second, a drunk man had taken
      all this away from him.

      Now you have 2 choices:

      1) Send this message to everybody that you know.
      2) Or delete it and do as if it never touched
      your heart.
      If you send this message, maybe you will help prevent
      someone drunk to go driving.
    • Mathews K George
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002

        Dear Forum members

        This is a posting appeared in one of the Indian Orthodox forum. I was wondering, how come the moderators of that forum approved this posting? From the beginning that forum was against Jacobite Church. I strongly believe it is another trap for the innocent Jacobite believers. In few days many replies will be posted in that forum. Hope I can bring all that to our forum.

        Peace in church, a trap?

        I understand the thirst for the peace in the church
        from the Patriarch. HH Patriarch always stood for
        peace, as did the other patriarchs like Mor Ignatius
        Elias III and Mor Ignatius Yakub III. But from history
        we understand that the orthodox faction do not stand
        for peace rather they like to attract other faction
        into them and slowly detach the church from the
        Antioch. Personally I was very much interested in
        unity of the orthodox church. But after reading mails
        in the IOIF, I understand that the aim of the orthodox
        faction is not a reconciliation but rather trapping
        (attracting) the Jacobite faction and make the church
        completely independent slowly and they were successful
        in part as they could attract some of the jacobites.
        As long as I remember Parumala thirumeni and his
        dedication to the church, and his loyalty to the
        patriarch of Antioch, as we read from the
        Mulanthuruthy Padiyola, written in presence of him, I
        cant even imagine about making an independent church
        as the orthodox faction now called Indian orthodox
        church. Not even in their Constitution call it as an
        Indian orthodox church, i guess.
        From the writtings of Mor Osthathius and some other
        articles in the Malankara sabha Deepam, I understand
        that Orthodox faction is aiming at trapping the
        Jacobite faction and make the church independent
        slowly in the future through false teachings. HH
        Patriarch doesn�t know what Indian orthodox people
        really are. I know many of the Jacobite members have
        personal problems (not the leaders of the orthodox
        faction are great either) with the leaders of the
        church, but my sincere advice to those people who wish
        for joining the orthodox faction is that not to spoil
        our church just because of over thirst for peace and
        personal problems. The greatest mistake ever did by
        Patriarch was accepting the Catholicose who was
        ordained by a deposed Patriarch. (In my opinion
        neither the Patriarch faction nor the Orthodox faction
        needs a Catholicose, as that was one of the reason for
        the schism in Malankara church now, and we need only a
        malankara metrapolitan). I understand the feeling for
        peace by Patriarch who did it, but that was the main
        reasons now the Jacobite faction can�t win in the
        court cases. So until we get a written statement from
        the catholicose faction properly, about the authority
        of the Patriarch, we should not go for a peace even
        though we all wish for it. I wish, if the jacobites
        can�t win in the court, they could make a new church
        and keep the relation with the Patriarch of Antioch in
        the way the forefathers including Parumala thirumeni
        kept. That will be better than sacrificing our church
        to the orthodox faction who teaches for an independent
        church like the protestants.
        I was never against the unity in the church but after
        reading writings of the orthodox faction, I don�t want
        to join the Indian orthodox group until they give up
        the idea of an independent church completely.
        regards to every one.
        Sinu John

        http://www.malankarachurch.org/malankara/MalankaraChurch2.htm
        http://www.malankaradeepam.org/mdeepam/latest1/bhavi.html

      • dipu george
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2002

          shlomo,

          its high time i think to put matters straight here.

          It really was a pity to read the posting by Dr Babu Paul in I.O F.

          Little does this "once" illustrious son of the syrian orthodox church realise to what lowest extent he has stooped himself now.

          Let me put this straight

          As much as we love to see our prodigal metran kakshi brothers returning to the true fold for the sake of unity its their hidden sinister motives that we are paranoid about.

          Imagine calling that ThomasPA1 as our brother or for that matter recieving that Fr Thomas Kottapuram into our fold!!!??

          This is a true incident which i feel every single jacobite in this forum barring the metran kakshis should tell in their household over dinner time when we discuss bible stories and� i hope will put the true picture of the circus happening before our eyes here in kerala and the puppet show that took place at TDM Hall in EKm the other day.

          its� a diabolic incident feauturing our star of the show Mathews2 himself.

          Before i relate the incident i will try to reveal the true nature of this self alleged catholicose of devalokam and the metran kakshis and� one whom Dr Babu Paul thinks is a "man of God"!.

          He never has been ordained in the true apostolic order of antioch. all his ordination has been at the hands of metran kakshis themselves. His amologia probably never contains any allegiance to Antioch.

          Never once has he said that the patriach was the supreme head of the church ..rather he was cheeky enough to say he considers the Patriach as his "brother" and that the Patriach is only a member of tha malankara church!!.

          During the days of Augen catholicose when our Patriach the late lamented HH Moran Mor Ignatius Yacoub3 send a letter regarding the usage of the title of the throne of St Thomas the former's reply ( which was in the most disrespectful tone-i personally doubt if the catholicose ever got to read that letter !!) never contained his signature ...rather it was signed by Mathews Athanious(mathews1) and Mathews Koorilos(mathews2). This itselfs prove the real nature of the present catholicose.

          One saw his real color when he fumed and banged his fist against the jacobite church and the state governmemt

          can we trust this man ......no.....the following will prove my point.

          The diabolic incident............at a room in the devalokam aramana itself.

          the committee meeting comprising the stalwarts of the metran kakshi community....... the purpose - to install the next catholicose...

          the will paper was prepared and read out ( mathews2 was present along with the Mr. KM Mathew and Mr. PCAbraham)

          in which it stated that mathews1 was relinquishing his title out of his own free will and endorsing mathews2 as the next catholicose.

          After appproval the chemmachen was instructed to bring in the former catholicose in to the room.

          The poor fellow was wheeled into the room and was read the will� and with impunity the chemmachen promptly took the thumb impression onto the will papper inspite of the mathews1 mumbled protests ( for the poor man was paralysed and he couldnt speak against this decision- ........history repeated itself that day when we recall the similar treatment those devils meted out to the honest Augen Catholicose- no pure and true orthodx church ever had this tradition before - it was the invention of the metran kakshis�themselves -� God forbid such tradition befalling the jacobites...for we all will boil in hell if we ever do this!!!)

          and also the fact that the name of mathews1and therefore mathews2 is historically wrong for there was an earlier catholicose in middle east by the name of Mathews . so u see this catholicose should have been mathews3 instead of 2 and his predecessor ahould have been mathews2. do we need to recite this�inauspicous name in�the tubdens of the jacobite churches??

          Materialism�has overtaken the metran kakshi church ...do we need to have a part in that?

          The last shred of the true faith in� malankara is the umblical relationship with the antiochian church...do we need to forsake??

          The metran kakshis are a fatherless lot and so rightfully they can only do fatherless things!!

          what Knayamparambil Achen said during the puthencruz meet- " what will be the fate of the son who tries to make his father his brother!!? and also ..the fate of the son who tries to set juridiction for his father within his father's own house??� he refered to none other than the metran kakshis themselves.

          how can we have union with those morons where two generations of them have been taught lies in their sunday schools!!

          it will be a herculean rask to sort out such illegalities.?

          the truth is� the metran kakshis themselves dont want reunion ...rather they want to grab more properties ( like the last time) before the eventual split iniated by themselves.

          its a pity Babu Paul trying to put sand in his Community's eyes.

          the contents of the article was clear as who is a true saint. Our Patriach is indeed a living saint ,. there is no doubt about it.

          He was ordained ..the cheif celebrant being the late lamented catholicose HB Moran Mor Baselios Paulose2.

          Whom do we consider the true catholicose- mathews1 or HB Paulose2??. in our eyes the�late lamented HBMMPaulpose2 was the real catholicose . his saintly life is testimony to this fact and� moreover we have an obligation to this spiritual father . His last words for the faithful was to love the antiochean church like the apple of one's own eye.He also said that the antiochean church is our mother . should we forget his words?

          Need we have to embrace Manorama into our jacobite community as a result of the union....need we?

          I hope i am not prophecising when i say that u could probably hear of the installation of thimotheus as their next catholicose following the retirement of the present one from his post!!!

          Its our conscience we should trust and not to any ones language.

          nothing more to pen

          we leave our conscience to decide our allegiance.......

          aloho ahmuch

          dipu george

          "Mathews K George"@... wrote:

          Dear members,

          This is posting from Dr. Babu Paul wrote in one of the Indian Orthodox Forum

          ..., Dr. Babu Paul wrote:
          This morning I had a long chat with HH the Patriarch. Of course I
          cannot reveal what the topics we discussed were,so sharing tidbits
          may be good; e.g.� it may be of interest for IOF members to know...