Fwd: Discussion with HH the Patriarch, and some Facts

  • Mathews K George
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      Dear members,

      This is posting from Dr. Babu Paul wrote in one of the Indian Orthodox Forum

      ..., Dr. Babu Paul wrote:
      This morning I had a long chat with HH the Patriarch. Of course I
      cannot reveal what the topics we discussed were, but sharing tidbits
      may be good; e.g. it may be of interest for IOF members to know
      that HH was neither aware of the Alexander controversy nor approving
      of the manner in which some people reacted to it. For saying the same
      thing as HH told me this morning I had to leave an internet forum in
      sheer disgust!! Moran said, " How can our people object to his nomination
      as India's President. All Christians in your country should be proud.
      Don't you remember our meeting with Indira Gandhi when I told her that
      her Principal Secretary was my spiritual son, and that whatever little
      differences we had internally would not change that, and that Alexander
      had my blessings?" The Patriarch was sad that PCA missed the bus.
      There is another Kallappara statement carried by MANORAMA today in Cochin
      saying there was a meeting yesterday in Damascus with HH attended by,
      inter alia, Mar Julius who is currently in USA!!! I am recording this
      here to let everyone know that HH is a pious man who personally wants
      peace and reconciliation. He is not responsible for the malice spewed
      by some over enthusiastic followers of his. The factual position is
      what HH told the Catholicose the other day over telephone, "If it was
      only the two of us we could settle this now over phone, but both of us
      are helpless because we have people who are more fiercely loyal to each
      of us than we ourselves are!" And, I am told the two Bawas, old
      acquaintances from their Bishop-days, laughed heartily.
      Let us pray for the church.
      TOTUS TUUS MARIA
      --- End forwarded message ---