Where The Christians & Christianity?

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002

      WHERE THE CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY ?

      By DR.YUHANON MAR PHILAXENOS ( Diocesan Metropolitan of Malabar Diocese of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church)

      Christianity is the way of life. It is an old story to the Christians now a days. As Christians we are proud to say �I am a Christian'; but nobody is ready to examine what is the main theme and facts behind Christianity.

      In the fullness of time, the Word incarnated and live in the midst of us as Immaculated who served , worked and died for us. He was risen from the dead on the third day and assented to heaven. All the Christians are waiting for the glorious second coming.

      Jesus Christ established His church on earth. The Holy Apostles, Martyrs, Fathers, Preachers and Teachers propagated the living WORD OF GOD unto the utter most part of the world by the Power and the Inspiration of Holy Spirit. The majority of the people in this world from the East to the West, North to South embraced Christianity as the way of life. Now we are in the 21st century. A lot of changes happened to the world. Financially, scientifically and technologically the world is advancing and changing. Its reflection we see in the Church also. Do you think that the Church or denomination in Christendom is ready to imitate Christ and Apostles?

      TTere are so many religions in the world. All of them have their own philosophical teachings and noble thoughts. Do you think Christianity is one among them? The Word became flesh therefore, it doesn�t remain just as Word anymore. Even now we are teaching and preaching the same Word of God from the bible, but not give any attention to the Incarnated Word of God.

      All the Christian denomination and Churches and Institutions turned their faces to financial stability. A Multi Million-Dollar business mentality and approach, we see all over the world. That means Christians forget their Lord, Jesus Christ.

      Worshipping groups are almost like Y.M.C.A. where the body and the blood of Christ, Holy Mass, has no importance. Matrimonial services are like fashion parades. Even funeral services are like exhibition. Divorces we see every where.� Water every where but not even a drop to drink." is the condition of Christianity. Preaching and teaching at every nuke and corner of the world, fund raising campaigns every where and tithe collections are successful also. Think, Where, CRIST, CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTANITY ARE........

      Guest Message Published in http://www.lightoflife.com

    • Mathews K George
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
        Dear members,

        This is posting from Dr. Babu Paul wrote in one of the Indian Orthodox Forum

        ..., Dr. Babu Paul wrote:
        This morning I had a long chat with HH the Patriarch. Of course I
        cannot reveal what the topics we discussed were, but sharing tidbits
        may be good; e.g. it may be of interest for IOF members to know
        that HH was neither aware of the Alexander controversy nor approving
        of the manner in which some people reacted to it. For saying the same
        thing as HH told me this morning I had to leave an internet forum in
        sheer disgust!! Moran said, " How can our people object to his nomination
        as India's President. All Christians in your country should be proud.
        Don't you remember our meeting with Indira Gandhi when I told her that
        her Principal Secretary was my spiritual son, and that whatever little
        differences we had internally would not change that, and that Alexander
        had my blessings?" The Patriarch was sad that PCA missed the bus.
        There is another Kallappara statement carried by MANORAMA today in Cochin
        saying there was a meeting yesterday in Damascus with HH attended by,
        inter alia, Mar Julius who is currently in USA!!! I am recording this
        here to let everyone know that HH is a pious man who personally wants
        peace and reconciliation. He is not responsible for the malice spewed
        by some over enthusiastic followers of his. The factual position is
        what HH told the Catholicose the other day over telephone, "If it was
        only the two of us we could settle this now over phone, but both of us
        are helpless because we have people who are more fiercely loyal to each
        of us than we ourselves are!" And, I am told the two Bawas, old
        acquaintances from their Bishop-days, laughed heartily.
        Let us pray for the church.
        TOTUS TUUS MARIA
        --- End forwarded message ---