RE: "Dumb Questions"

  • Rev. Dn. Zacharia Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2006
      Re: "Dumb Questions"

      One resource that I have found that helps to deal with science and faith
      issues is www.reasons.org

      I have a few of their books, and their arguments are well reasoned. They are
      not coming from an Orthodox perspective, however, but a "sola scriptura"
      background. However, they are not "fundamentalists" in the vernacular sense.
      For example, they provide a greatl exegesis on Genesis chapter 1 & 2,
      showing from the Hebrew and scientific method how the Scripture matches with
      current Big Bang theory. Einstein is highly valued.

      It is folly to utilize science (reason) as the sole doorway to understanding
      God, since science is constantly under revision. However, science can
      provide us insight into our Creator's nature and activities, and
      increasingly science is pointing toward faith in God.

      I ask all members to submit similar websites/resources so that all may find
      encouragement and answers to the world's questions.

      Dn. Zach Varghese
      ID #0970