Re: Gulf recruitment of JSC clergy & values

  • Jes Kuruvilla
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2006
      Dear Abin,

      I agree with your frustration and anger at the lackadaisical
      attitude of your fellow malayalees where you currently reside.
      However one should also remember these words from the Chapter 7 of
      Mathew: Judge not, that ye be not judged. {7:2} For with
      what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what
      measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. {7:3}

      And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's
      eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
      KJV.

      So here is my question : What good is it for a man to have gained
      all the world but to have lost his soul? If your vitriol is taking
      you there, turn around and let it go. Christ did not promise a place
      in the Kingdom of God to JSO Members alone. He said , I am the bread
      of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that
      believeth on me shall never thirst. {6:36} Anybody who MERELY
      belives in him and accepts him as his SOLE LORD AND SAVIOUR is
      entitled to His Grace and Mercy.

      I have been seeing the DRAMA happen in our churches for a long time.
      As kid I was told that there was an episode of a massive beating
      between members of my own JSO church that lead to a split. Out of
      that incident came the creation of 2 distinct JSO churches in Malad
      and Umerkhadi in Mumbai. This split produced more growth and the
      creation of 10 semi-independent centers in Mumbai. Praise be to our
      Lord, now there are more church services in Mumbai such that people
      donot travel beyond a few miles to find a service to attend. I would
      say its nothing short of a miracle. Had the split not occurred
      several people (irrespective of their familial lineage) would have
      preferred to attend IOC/CSI services and be satisfied with that
      process.

      So as the Bible says " A time for everything, a time to sow and a
      time to reap". In its due time all will be clear. The wheat will be
      separated from the chaff. Just bide your time and in prayer and
      supplication make your request known to Him.

      Pray for all those in your country who have recently come to know of
      the Lord. Happy are those who are able rejoice and share amongst
      true believers. Donot fall into the category of a Pharisee of whom
      the Lord spoke against with a vengence. I hope the Lord keeps us all
      humble as the salt of the earth. Salt, if it looses its taste is
      thrown out only to be trampled underfoot of men.

      Shlomo.

      Jes Kuruvilla
      Member ID 2381