Our Future Generations

  • Dr.George K John
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2006
      Dear All,

      WHAT WILL WE GIVE TO OUR COMING GENERATION

      The faith we inherited from our fore fathers are to be
      handed over to our next generation. The Church they
      handed over to us has been well nurtured by able
      clergy with their scholarly wisdom. The members have
      contributed heavily to build new churches,
      institutions and properties. We fought with our powers
      for the church properties. And the fight is still
      continues. However; the church grows indeed.

      The spiritual life of our fore fathers were different
      from today’s our practices. They used to pray morning,
      noon, evening, before going to bed and some ones
      during mid night. The prayers they were using were
      written prayers from ‘pampakuda namaskarakramam’. They
      had time to spare to complete the prayers. The clergy
      used to pray 7 times using ‘canona prayers’.

      Today, those prayers have been condensed to short
      scripts. The time is not available for prayers but for
      other activities. The canona prayers are not used by
      clergy but the laymen prayers. The argument is ‘man is
      not for prayers; but prayers are for man’. The busy
      life of the people cannot spare more time for
      meditating prayers. If the above culture is continued
      our prayers will be shortened to one paragraph in
      future. The prayer of Mathai ‘mathaye malche’ will be
      accepted by several people.

      One thing is to be accepted that the prayerful life of
      our fore fathers have given fortune and comfort with
      the blessings of our Lord to us. What we enjoy today
      is the fruit of their prayers. What will we hand over
      to our next generation? Will our prayers will bring
      the better comforts to them for their life.

      P.GeorgeK.John
      # 0204