Prayers of the Mystics, Part Six

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2002

      Prayers of the Mystics, Part Six

      As my soul bows to the ground I offer to you with all my bones and with all my heart the worship that befits you, 0 glorious God who dwells in ineffable silence. You have built for my renewal a tabernacle of love on earth where it is your good pleasure to rest, a temple made of flesh and fashioned with the most holy sanctuary oil. Then you filled it with your holy presence so that worship might be fulfilled in it, indicating the worship of the eternal persons of your Trinity and revealing to the worlds which you had created in your grace an ineffable mystery, a power which cannot be felt or grasped by any part of your creation that has come into being. In wonder at it angelic beings are submerged in silence, awed at the dark cloud of this eternal mystery and at the flood of glory which issues from within this source of wonder, for it receives worship in the sphere of silence from every intelligence that has been sanctified and made worthy of you.

      Prayers of Saint Isaac of Nineveh, in, "The Syriac Fathers On Prayer And The Spiritual Life," translated from the original Syriac-Aramaic by Sebastian Brock, Cistercian Publications