Excerpts from the Washing of the Feet Service

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006
      Excerpts from the Washing of the Feet Service

      Qolo: Emo Dkhitho

      He, Whom the seraphim sanctify with fear,
      Washed today the feet of His disciples.
      Refrain: Have mercy upon us O Lord.

      He, Whom the Cherubim carry in fear,
      Bowed His head in front of His disciples.
      Refrain: Have mercy upon us O Lord.

      He, Whom the fiery hosts serve Him on the high,
      Poured water in the basin on earth.
      Refrain: Have mercy upon us O Lord.

      Audio : http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/Audio/LebThEmoDkhitho.ra

      Qolo: Bro Dashro

      Blessed is He Who poured water into a basin
      And washed the feet of His disciples.
      Saying unto them: "Follow this example,
      And do likewise to one another."
      Blessed are You, O Lord God.

      Blessed is Christ, Who by His love,
      Tied a cloth around His loins,
      And washed the feet of His disciples.
      He also broke his Body and Blood for them.
      Blessed are You, O Lord God.

      Audio: http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/Audio/LebThBroDashroBmarbco.ra

      Qolo: Quqoyo

      How glorious was the eve
      On which our Lord ministered to His Disciples
      As they entered one by one for the washing.
      The Fire was standing, holding a basin and a cloth
      Tied around His loins.
      What a great wonder that Judas did not burn at that moment
      When our Savior offered him water for the washing.
      Halleluiah and Halleluiah.

      Audio: http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/Audio/LebThQuqoyo.ra

      Bocootho (Petition) of Mor Ya`qub

      How glorious was the eve
      On which our Lord ministered to His Disciples
      As they entered one by one for the washing.
      The Fire was standing, holding a basin and a cloth
      Tied around His loins.
      What a great wonder that Judas did not burn at that moment
      When our Savior offered him water for the washing.
      Halleluiah and Halleluiah.

      Audio: http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/Audio/LebThYacqub.ra

      Source: Ma`de`dono: The Book of the Church Festivals (1984).