Re: Written prayers

  • Zacharia Mathews
    Message 1 of 3367 , Apr 3, 2006
      Attn: Rajesh George, St George Jacobite Syrian Church. Kalamboor

      This is a very good question and should be answered with
      precision and clarity.

      The lost shepherds can only be turned back to God with written prayers.

      Now let me answer your question in couple of sentences.

      1) We can see in Old Testament very many instances of
      punishing the people for disobeying the praying instructions
      of God. As priesthood is establised, prayer instructions were also established. Our Bishops, Priests are of this lineage.

      2) In New Testament, which is the continuation of Old
      Testament, Christ Jesus taught the disciples, when asked how to pray
      to the Heavenly Father - it is a clear set of instructions that should be followed in prayer.

      We now possess these instructions and God commands us to worship
      with these instructions. Our orthodox spiritual heads have written very powerful prayers based on these instructions. Therefore, it is unbibical to follow spontaneous prayers in every sense. To have the power released out of these prayers, a good understanding of the scriptures is mandatory.

      Lack of understanding of the Holy Bible will hinder the chances of
      comprehending the meanings of these prayers and a level of good
      understanding will ameleorate the purpose of prayer to have a blessed one.

      May God bless you and depend on these prayers wholeheartedly with
      a true understanding of its meaning.

      Thanks

      Zachariah Matthew
      =========================================================================================================================================From the desk of the Moderator:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators(SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3367 of 3367 , Aug 1 5:26 AM
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name