Re: Written prayers

  • Cecil.K. Varghese
    Message 1 of 3365 , Apr 2, 2006
      Dear Rajesh,

      Hopefully you will receive official reply to your query.I am just sharing my views only.

      Hai Rajesh , Jesus once told " Man is not for sabath ,Sabath is for man" likewise church is for man for the purification of his Soul .What wrong thing you noticed in the written prayers? it is Time consuming? not cove,ing all the day to day aspects of our life? Is it boring?

      This question shows your unwillingness to pray from written prayers.at the same time as per my belief Church never told us dont pray ourselfs from the heart.Jesus told when you pray go to your room close it and pray, so we can pray from our mind. no body stops, Why church insists to pray from the written version because every body dont have the ability to pray from the mind so they can read the book. main reason to use the book is preparing our mind .Above all the prayers which we are using is written years ago. The Holy Fathers who wrote these were not holders of doctorate, it is the ture work of the HolySprit. Dear Rajesh,tonight you start your evening prayer with the book with your full mind and concentration you will feel the difference, while praying the "pattangapetta Daivam thanpurane..... go through that prayer any other time and tell me what aspect of our life is not touched in that prayer.It is a great prayer .this is only an example .

      I heard many people praying with out the book I feel it as a purchase order addressd to God. provide me x and y .... Like wise Alambhavathodu kodiya Bhakti nalla Adaya makunnu. ..You also may noticed that type of prayer some people will visit your home while a member of your family came from gulf or else where they will point out some words which can stimutate that family member and get some thing in return they will tell it is coming from their heart.

      Finaly I like to point out the importance of written prayer, practice it and see the difference in the life, and also notice Church never prevent you from praying from the heart.

      Thanks and regards
      With prayers
      Cecil.K. Varghese
      ID # 890