Prayers of the Mystics, Part Three

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2002

      Prayers of the Mystics, Part Three

      Direct the course of our lives, Lord,
      straight towards you,
      so that in you we may reach you,
      and so that in you we may find you.
      Make us worthy to attain to you,
      in you;
      and let us behold nothing beside you.
      Hide everything from our mind's vision
      by means of the manifestation of your glorious Light.
      For whoever gazes upon you
      does not need to look upon anything else;
      but whoever does not gaze upon you
      is in need of all kinds of other sources of illumination
      in order to be able to see.

      Praise to you
      for you are the Light,
      and in you our souls have illumination.
      You illumine all
      with knowledge of yourself
      Draw back the veil of falsehood from our souls
      so that we can see your Light clearly,
      for our minds are not totally dark
      owing to love of you.

      John of Apamea, in, "The Syriac Fathers On Prayer And The
      Spiritual Life," translated from the original Syriac-Aramaic by
      Sebastian Brock, Cistercian Publications

    • Rajan Koshy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2002
        This is my first message to this group, I
        live in Delhi. Our Church is in my prayers
        may the Good Lord's Mercy, Love & Compassion
        overflow throughout all of
        Syrian Orthodox Church and its leaders.
        Sincerely, Your in Christ
        Rajan Koshy"
        Member of Kayamkulam Kadisa

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Moncy John" wrote:
        > Requesting from this group and the entire membership of the Malankara Church
        > to come together through Fasting and Prayer for Church in Malankara.
        >
        > Commissioned to carry on the great works through the leadership of our King,
        > Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, knowing that if St. Thomas, Jesus'
        disciple
        > and our Brother in Christ, were here, he would encourage us to do so.
        >
        > We need to deny ourselves, being more hungry for God than for food! Fasting
        > for four (4) days, beginning June 20 through June 23, and posting only
        prayer,
        > worship and praise on this website. Open for suggestions..thanks!
        >
        > Together, with and through Christ, lets change the course of history for this
        > Great Church.
      • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2002

          Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

          To read more click below

          Don't miss Yahoo India's Coverage of 2002 FIFA World Cup
        • Nibu M. John
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 26, 2002
            Dear Friends

            Some of you receiving this know me, some do not.

            My wife Odette is 31 years old and has just been
            diagnosed 2 weeks ago with stage 4 colon and liver
            cancer and her chances for survival are very slim.

            This is a request for you to forward this email to
            everyone you know, asking for prayer. The more people
            that pray for her to be healed the better.

            Just forward them this email and let them do the same.
            Pray and forward.

            It only takes a second to hit forward. Please do it
            and don't delete this, your prayer will save her life.
            Please pray and ask everyone you know to pray for
            HEALING of Odette and for the removal of all cancer in
            her body so she may enjoy all that life has to offer,
            and to continue to be the wonderful mother to our 1
            1/2 year old daughter Kaela. The power of
            prayer is unsurpassed. I want the whole world to have
            her in their prayers the next few weeks. God will hear
            our cry.

            Please do not be offended by my plea. This is only a
            request for your help.

            Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading this
            and helping with our request for healing, no words can
            express how much power we have when we do a little
            extra to come together.

            Regards,

            Dindo

            PIA MARGARITA MESINA-CRUZ
            Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
            Information Technology Department
            Roxas Blvd., Manila, Philippines
            Direct Line : (632) 523 7535
            Trunk Line: (632) 524 7011 Local 2788
            Mobile #: (0917) 986 2740

            http://uk.my.yahoo.com
          • Thomas Libs
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2002

              "The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him & seek him"

            • Thomas Daniel
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26, 2002
                They are in our Prayers.
                The Lord of merciful will listen their cry.

                In Our Lords Love
                Thomas Daniel & Family