Prayers of the Mystics, Part Two

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2002

      Prayers of the Mystics, Part Two

      What wonders has your love effected!
      When someone is still alive
      he has left this world:
      though his bodily condition remains
      with the world's bodily condition,
      yet his spirit has been raised up towards You,
      so that for a period of time
      he is where he knows not,
      being totally raptured and drawn towards You
      .

      John of Apamea, in, "The Syriac Fathers On Prayer And The Spiritual Life," translated from the original Syriac-Aramaic by Sebastian Brock, Cistercian Publications

    • Mathews K George
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2002
        "If one is whole, one will be filled with Light,
        but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness."

        "Jesus said, 'I will give you what no eye has seen, what no
        ear has heard, what no hand has touched, what has never
        occurred to the human mind.'"

        From sayings 17 & 61 of the Gospel of Thomas

        With Prayers
        Mathews K George

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Moncy John" wrote:
        > Requesting from this group and the entire membership of the
        Malankara Church
        > to come together through Fasting and Prayer for Church in Malankara.
        >
        > Commissioned to carry on the great works through the leadership of
        our King,
        > Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, knowing that if St. Thomas,
        Jesus' disciple
        > and our Brother in Christ, were here, he would encourage us to do
        so.