Is the IO church finally crumbling?

  • Prem Jacob
    Message 1 of 3351 , Mar 13, 2006
      Dear All,

      The recent developments and happenings in the IO church gives me a
      feeling that this church built on lies, deceit, and almost
      everything unchristian is finally crumbling…., breaking up. I
      always knew that this was coming but not this soon. This had to
      happen as this is their eventual fate. Their Catholicose who was so
      ruthlessly overthrown, and treated like a prisoner during his last
      days…., the fight between the bishops, the laitee getting disgusted
      with the bishops and the leadership and openly expressing their
      disgust and displeasure through media, etc, clearly shows that their
      base is finally crumbling. The recent resignation (or was he thrown
      out?) of the media baron from their managing committee, the big
      movement that is shaping up against the three excommunicated
      deserters (they finally saw their true colours..phew!!) and the
      realization by a huge number of their followers that their church
      leaders and bishops are the true obstacles in their road to peace
      and especially in the opening of the closed churches, are again some
      of the signs of the dormant volcano that has started rumbling.

      I was witness to the incident at their chapel at Elamkulam in Kochi
      yesterday. I was passing by when I saw truck loads of police men in
      Khakis all around the church. Members of the same parish have
      started fighting among themselves!!! I stopped by seeing all this
      and unable to resist the desire to know what was happening there. I
      could get a fair amount of information regarding the problem there
      from an acquaintance who was from this church and who was not aware
      of the church I belonged to. The majority group had supposedly
      snatched the kalpana from the vicar while he was reading it. There
      was group of youngsters hanging around near where I was standing and
      they were commenting that their opposite group wouldn't hesitate to
      seek the help of the Jacobites or to team up with them. I was so
      amused by this comment and thought in my mind how foolish and dumb
      those guys were to think that the Jacobite church would even bother
      to know what was happening there.

      Anyways, I strongly feel that they are cracking up. It is only a
      matter of time before a huge number of their sensible faithful would
      return to the mother church. The lunatics and the fanatics would go
      down with the sinking ship. One of them was saying yesterday at some
      meeting that they need an Indian Patriarch! (This guy is so
      obsessed with the word `Patriarch' that he doesn't really know what
      he is saying.. ) I feel sorry for him.. even he is cracking up…

      Prem Jacob
      Member Id - 0909
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3351 of 3351 , Apr 1 4:38 AM