Ode 12 from the Book of the Odes

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2002

      Ode 12 from the Book of the Odes

      He has filled me with words of truth, that I may proclaim Him.
      And like the flowing of waters, truth flows from my mouth, and my
      lips declare His fruits.
      And He has caused His knowledge to abound in me, because the mouth of
      the Lord is the true Word, and the entrance of His light.
      And the Most High has given Him to His generations, which are the
      interpreters of His beauty,
      And the narrators of His glory,
      And the confessors of His purpose,
      And the preachers of His mind,
      And the teachers of His works.
      For the subtlety of the Word is inexpressible, and like His utterance
      so also is His swiftness and His acuteness, for limitless is His
      progression.
      He never falls but remains standing, and one cannot comprehend His
      descent or His way.
      For as His work is, so is His expectation, for He is the light and
      dawning of thought.
      And by Him the generations spoke to one another, and those that were
      silent acquired speech.
      And from Him came love and equality, and they spoke one to another
      that which was theirs.
      And they were stimulated by the Word, and knew Him who made them,
      because they were in harmony.
      For the mouth of the Most High spoke to them, and His exposition
      prospered through Him.
      For the dwelling place of the Word is man, and His truth is love.
      Blessed are they who by means of Him have perceived everything, and
      have known the Lord in His truth.
      Hallelujah.

      For the complete Book of the Odes online; go to:
      http://www.misericordia.edu/users/davies/Thomas/odes.htm