Fw: patriarch and catholicos???

  • Jomy philip Joseph
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2002
      Dear members,

      will someone please explain to me which is this catholicate that was
      established at devalokam in 1912?

      i mean....at antioch there are patriarch's of chalcedonians,
      non-chalcedonians (syrian orthodox church) and the eastern
      catholics.....and then i suppose there is a patriarch-catholicos of
      the nestorians (assyrian church of the east) at seleucia-ctisephon
      or babylon.

      i dont know about any other catholicates or patriarchates which
      used to exist in the far east.

      ....and what exactly is the difference between a patriarch and a
      catholicos?
      Jomy