Re: Re: Re: [SOCM-FORUM] P C Alexander's nomination for Presidency

  • Jai Abe Cherian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2002
      Hi,

      In the current scenerio as the chance of Mr.P.C.Alexander is nil,I think it is
      wise to stop the arguments related to the matter.

      I am a member of the Syrian Orthodox Church,and support Mr.Babu Paul in his
      stand ie;as a Keralite, a Syrian Christian,also a member of the Orthodox
      community(eventhough he belongs to the other faction) we should be proud on his
      proposed candidsature for the highest position in world's largest
      democracy.Also,remember BJP supported him because if he becomes the President
      the chance for Ms.Sonia Gandhi to become PM will almost be closed;The congrss
      was reluctant to support PCA forf the same reason only!

      My opinion is we, Syriac Orthodox Christians should not be short sighted, as do
      sometimes.

      Thanking you,

      Jai Abe Cherian.
    • Jomy philip Joseph
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2002
        Dear members,

        will someone please explain to me which is this catholicate that was
        established at devalokam in 1912?

        i mean....at antioch there are patriarch's of chalcedonians,
        non-chalcedonians (syrian orthodox church) and the eastern
        catholics.....and then i suppose there is a patriarch-catholicos of
        the nestorians (assyrian church of the east) at seleucia-ctisephon
        or babylon.

        i dont know about any other catholicates or patriarchates which
        used to exist in the far east.

        ....and what exactly is the difference between a patriarch and a
        catholicos?
        Jomy