Re: Response from a JSC youngster

  • Manoj George
    Message 1 of 3366 , Feb 25, 2006
      Dear All,

      Our dear friend in IO forum is very concerned that proper respect is
      not accorded to the founder of their church. He takes great pains to
      explain the contributions made by this great 'saint' to the church.
      But dear fiend, however you may try, history and facts cannot be
      changed. There is no doubt that thirumeni was a great scholar, but all that talent
      was put into splittng the church. The hurt and pain caused by thirumeni's
      actions do not warrant any respect from us, neither the older
      generation nor the younger generation of 'jacobite fanatics', as IOC
      love to call us.

      You say, his trusted companions deserted him. When he shifted from
      the traditions and the established administrative pattern where he
      wanted to reign as the sole authority of the malankara church and
      its properties , his trusted companions did have a difference of
      opinion. When this difference of opinion was raised instead of
      addressing it and trying to find a solution, he tried to suppress the
      voice of dissent. This is where everything went wrong. Try however
      you may, the fact remains that he was the sole reason for the split
      of the church. Then how do you expect us to respect him??

      You hail him as the architect of an independent and autocephalous
      church. The fact remains that even in his days he did not dream
      about an autocephalous church!! He was only worried about the
      temporal authority and he did not want anybody else to meddle in it.
      He did not even dream about a St. Thomas throne!! Being a scholar and
      having in depth knowledge in church traditions, he knew the
      invalidity of the catholicate being established and the validity of
      his excommunication. Maybe that is why he himself did not attend the
      establishment of the Catholicate and refrained from celebrating Holy
      Qurbana for a long time. If everything was right, why did you all
      take the pains to edit his 'Mathopadesha sarangal' to suite your interests??

      You again give him the credit for formulating the 1934 constitution.
      History says that when this was shown to him for his approval he
      threw the same to the ground!! May be again that is why you could
      pass this constitution only after his death in 1934. So much for the
      constitution!!

      Very often I do remember our dear friend Mr. Elias Eldo from
      kothamangalam who was all praise for this 'saint' and he had his
      favours received through his intercession. Later one of our members
      tracked this Elias eldo to somewhere in the West!! This happens when
      saints are declared just to satisfy your ego. If things are that
      clear why this desperation from your end?

      Again you write about the death of 'Aana Pappi'. Today 'Aana Pappi' and
      'Malankara Varghese' are hailed as martyrs but we all know what they
      were in reality. 'Aana Pappi' was killed by some non christians and not
      by jacobite fanatics. 'Kannadachu iruttakkalle'. On the contrary we
      have a lot to tell how this man harassed Kochuparambil thrumeni and
      thirumeni finally decided to leave old seminary and shifted thirumeni's
      residence to Panampadi church.

      Say whatever you may, the seeds of hatred was sown by Watasseril
      Thirumeni and today whatever problems we are facing in the church
      was his initiation. We find it difficult to accept him.

      Best Regards
      Manoj George
      Member ID 1309
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com