Re: Re: Re: [SOCM-FORUM] P C Alexander's nomination for Presidency

  • DANIEL BABU PAUL
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2002
      my position is clear.
      1. I am a member of TRVm and KPDY Syrian Orthodox parishes.
      2. I feel that our leadership is deliberately flouting court orders. I keep
      quiet because I do not think they like to hear any dissent. First it was me,
      now it is Cori Pathickal etc.
      3. Reg PCA my only point was that a President can in no way interfere with
      our petty church politics. So our objection is only because he belonged to
      the other group. In any case we need not as a church take a view on things
      like Presidential election. Our people vote for Oommen Chandi, their people
      vote for Thankachan Chettan and jacob. When Justice Balakrishnan's father
      died, aged 92 or so, laid up with paralysis for 4 years, on the eve of the
      SC verdict some of our people said it was because of our prayers. Sorry, my
      conscience revolts! In fact I have signed off this forum because I find it
      becomes a distraction in my spiritual life. I try to forget our leaders
      committing contempt of court: e.g. the southern diocese has no bishop with
      the benefit of status quo since Perumpilly Thirumeni died, but we pretend as
      if Koorilose Thirumeni's office has legal sanctity. When Thirumeni comes I
      assist, of course, but that only shows my respect for his KAIVAPPU. People
      do not understand simple things, what can I do! After 95 there is only one
      church. Those who do not want to be part of that church can still keep
      connection with Antioch through EAE, Simhasana Church and Honavar mission.
      Thus the court provides for two streams here, but when we say that we must
      have the cake and eat it too , then, it becomes illegal AS THINGS STAND NOW.
      The parish autonomy has two dimensions. One relates to its administration.
      The KPDY school, e.g., is exclusively within the autonomy of the KPDY
      parish; but Sc has held that AS PART OF MALANKARA CHURCH the parish is bound
      by the 34 Constitution. We find it difficult to get senior lawyers to argue
      our case now!See also the other shorter reply,
      Thank you.
      TOTUS TUUS MARIA
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2002

        Clarification of misconcepts is part of education. However, we will not entertain further comments on this topic at this point. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.