Re: Re: Re: [SOCM-FORUM] P C Alexander's nomination for Presidency

  • DANIEL BABU PAUL
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2002
      my position is clear.

      I am a member of the KPDY and TRVM SOC parishes. However I cannot accept the
      legally wrong positions taken by our leadership; not only myself, ask Cori
      Pathickal( V. Revd. Ouseph Corepiscopa, Pathickal, Perumbavoor, P. O. ,
      Ernakulam District.). My position is as advised by Parasaran; he should know
      law.

      PCA: my reservation was only about the church taking a view. PCA had been
      kind to me , but he has also done to me a very unkind thing, at least once,
      in my IAS career. So I have no personal reason to look forward to a PCA
      presidency. I was only on a principle.

      TOTUS TUUS MARIA
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11, 2002
        my position is clear.
        1. I am a member of TRVm and KPDY Syrian Orthodox parishes.
        2. I feel that our leadership is deliberately flouting court orders. I keep
        quiet because I do not think they like to hear any dissent. First it was me,
        now it is Cori Pathickal etc.
        3. Reg PCA my only point was that a President can in no way interfere with
        our petty church politics. So our objection is only because he belonged to
        the other group. In any case we need not as a church take a view on things
        like Presidential election. Our people vote for Oommen Chandi, their people
        vote for Thankachan Chettan and jacob. When Justice Balakrishnan's father
        died, aged 92 or so, laid up with paralysis for 4 years, on the eve of the
        SC verdict some of our people said it was because of our prayers. Sorry, my
        conscience revolts! In fact I have signed off this forum because I find it
        becomes a distraction in my spiritual life. I try to forget our leaders
        committing contempt of court: e.g. the southern diocese has no bishop with
        the benefit of status quo since Perumpilly Thirumeni died, but we pretend as
        if Koorilose Thirumeni's office has legal sanctity. When Thirumeni comes I
        assist, of course, but that only shows my respect for his KAIVAPPU. People
        do not understand simple things, what can I do! After 95 there is only one
        church. Those who do not want to be part of that church can still keep
        connection with Antioch through EAE, Simhasana Church and Honavar mission.
        Thus the court provides for two streams here, but when we say that we must
        have the cake and eat it too , then, it becomes illegal AS THINGS STAND NOW.
        The parish autonomy has two dimensions. One relates to its administration.
        The KPDY school, e.g., is exclusively within the autonomy of the KPDY
        parish; but Sc has held that AS PART OF MALANKARA CHURCH the parish is bound
        by the 34 Constitution. We find it difficult to get senior lawyers to argue
        our case now!See also the other shorter reply,
        Thank you.
        TOTUS TUUS MARIA
        > dear Babu Paul,I thank you for finding time to reply.but its still
        > frustrating that you keep people guessing regarding your real
        > intentions.you claim you are still close to the Patriarch but yet
        > your grouse is against the "church leadership".you claim you are
        > still a loyal servant of the church but then wer'ent you
        > hobnobbing with the 3 disgraced bishops who were suspended by the
        > Patriarch himself....
      • Moderators
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12, 2002

          Clarification of misconcepts is part of education. However, we will not entertain further comments on this topic at this point. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.