Re: CHURCH AND POLITICS

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10, 2002
      Dear Thomas, St. Demetrius, the Patriarch of Alexandria sent
      St. Pantaenus to India to preach Christian fiath of School
      of Alexandria. This is reported in the history of St. Eusebius.

      -Thomas

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "V Thomas" wrote:
      > Dear ALL,
      > Today's world is small due to better communication and trans port.
      Something
      > happens any corner of the world it is known to every one through
      media.
      > Hence things come to light very fast. People view things and
      criticize
      > actions. Pope/bishops no one is exempted. This quarrel and fights
      were there
      > always among men.
      > Roman church persecuted all other Christians for power and
      > number(popularity). They have forcibly taken our people in India,to
      their
      > fold. Same thing they have done
      > all over the world. But that does not mean there any faithful among
      them.
      > There would have been silent, insignificant Gods children among
      them,who
      > will inherit heaven.
      >
      > Why, fight was among the first line of Christ's disciple's .We
      cannot be
      > more informed about Christ words and actions than them. We cannot be
      holier
      > than them.
      > (Even though we have holier people to whom saint hood awarded as
      Oscars).

      > The bishops who came from Syria it took 3-4 years to reach
      India.Enroute
      > many died and killed. They were driven and guided by Christian
      spirit.
      > Today orthodox people say they came for money.They can not
      understand any
      > thing more than money.They are the people who occupy
      > Church property.They drive God,to court.
      > Even today our tradition is same and a vast majority of the people
      live in
      > the same tradition and devotion. We can see them in our churches
      > We can see the shine on faces, through Holy Communion they are part
      of
      > Christ body, they are Gods children. They are the real Christians.
      >
      > Dear Kuruvilla do not get disheartened by the who fight, have an eye
      on
      > position and ditch each other and say all this
      > is for Gods sake,prompted by Holy Ghost.Try to emulate the real Gods
      > children.
      > Love
      > vmt

    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2002
      • Fr. John Kunjukunju
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2002
          Dear Ravi,
          What I said in that posting concerns only that subject. I have no
          disagreement with you when you say both parties are equally wrong and
          unchristian. I do not support or side any one party. I do not wish to
          comment about the Parumala meeting since it is already in litigation. I will
          accept whatever is the outcome.
          Since you said that I have a question and that is, how do we justify the
          choice (Ido not know the exact word to use) of Mor Dionesius as "Niyuktha."
          Was it legally constituted meeting or was it proper election and do you
          justify the way and purpose of it.
          What I say is both are equally wrong, but who cares our concerns.
          Fr John.
          >From: George Varghese
          >To: SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [SOCM-FORUM] P C Alexander's nomination for Presidency
          >Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 11:15:08 +0300
          >
          >8 June
          >
          >Respected Achen,
          >
          > I cannot agree with you. Patriarchal faction alone cannot be
          >blamed.
          >The methran kakshi leadership is also equally responsible for loosing
          >christian spirit in the church. Can you justify the parumala meeting ?
          >Is
          >it convened properly ? People loose their mind when they are totally
          >ignored.
          >
          >Revi/Kuwait
          >
          >"Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote:
          >
          > > My intention here is only to say Dr Babu Paul, well done. If people with
          > > sense makes their voice, though there will be problems, things will
          >change
          > > in the long run. Behind every change there is someone made scapegoat.
          > > My honest opinion is that present patriarchal faction is the only
          >faction
          > > who completely lost the Christian spirit.
          > > One open word against the system is enough to ruin the whole thing. It
          >paid
          > > rich dividents to me for airing certain frank opinions.
          > > This is less than a cult. We can only pray. Fr John KK.

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • DANIEL BABU PAUL
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2002
            my position is clear.

            I am a member of the KPDY and TRVM SOC parishes. However I cannot accept the
            legally wrong positions taken by our leadership; not only myself, ask Cori
            Pathickal( V. Revd. Ouseph Corepiscopa, Pathickal, Perumbavoor, P. O. ,
            Ernakulam District.). My position is as advised by Parasaran; he should know
            law.

            PCA: my reservation was only about the church taking a view. PCA had been
            kind to me , but he has also done to me a very unkind thing, at least once,
            in my IAS career. So I have no personal reason to look forward to a PCA
            presidency. I was only on a principle.

            TOTUS TUUS MARIA
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 11, 2002
              my position is clear.
              1. I am a member of TRVm and KPDY Syrian Orthodox parishes.
              2. I feel that our leadership is deliberately flouting court orders. I keep
              quiet because I do not think they like to hear any dissent. First it was me,
              now it is Cori Pathickal etc.
              3. Reg PCA my only point was that a President can in no way interfere with
              our petty church politics. So our objection is only because he belonged to
              the other group. In any case we need not as a church take a view on things
              like Presidential election. Our people vote for Oommen Chandi, their people
              vote for Thankachan Chettan and jacob. When Justice Balakrishnan's father
              died, aged 92 or so, laid up with paralysis for 4 years, on the eve of the
              SC verdict some of our people said it was because of our prayers. Sorry, my
              conscience revolts! In fact I have signed off this forum because I find it
              becomes a distraction in my spiritual life. I try to forget our leaders
              committing contempt of court: e.g. the southern diocese has no bishop with
              the benefit of status quo since Perumpilly Thirumeni died, but we pretend as
              if Koorilose Thirumeni's office has legal sanctity. When Thirumeni comes I
              assist, of course, but that only shows my respect for his KAIVAPPU. People
              do not understand simple things, what can I do! After 95 there is only one
              church. Those who do not want to be part of that church can still keep
              connection with Antioch through EAE, Simhasana Church and Honavar mission.
              Thus the court provides for two streams here, but when we say that we must
              have the cake and eat it too , then, it becomes illegal AS THINGS STAND NOW.
              The parish autonomy has two dimensions. One relates to its administration.
              The KPDY school, e.g., is exclusively within the autonomy of the KPDY
              parish; but Sc has held that AS PART OF MALANKARA CHURCH the parish is bound
              by the 34 Constitution. We find it difficult to get senior lawyers to argue
              our case now!See also the other shorter reply,
              Thank you.
              TOTUS TUUS MARIA
              > dear Babu Paul,I thank you for finding time to reply.but its still
              > frustrating that you keep people guessing regarding your real
              > intentions.you claim you are still close to the Patriarch but yet
              > your grouse is against the "church leadership".you claim you are
              > still a loyal servant of the church but then wer'ent you
              > hobnobbing with the 3 disgraced bishops who were suspended by the
              > Patriarch himself....
            • Moderators
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 12, 2002

                Clarification of misconcepts is part of education. However, we will not entertain further comments on this topic at this point. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.