Re: Palam Kadakkuvolam.....

  • C.J. Varughese
    Message 1 of 3367 , Feb 6, 2006
      My dear SOCM Forum Members,

      While glancing through another yahoo group forum messages, numerous
      candolence messages, grief of individauls on the 'sudden death' of HH
      Marthoma Mathews II, the Catholicose of the Indian Orthodox Church, was pouring. However, it was
      not at all a surprise to IOC faithfuls, that is what I feel. You
      have the right to ask why it is so? It is not right that I do not
      respect the departed soul, but want to expose the detractors of this
      poor soul, whom he thought will be supporting him till his last breath.
      But it is very sad to witness such injustice around us, and hence this
      message.

      In one of their message on 23rd Jan., a very learned and respected DOCTOR
      member of IOC reported from Leeds, London, about his visiting HH at
      Devalokam, and gave his satisfactory comments of the well being of the
      ex-Catholicose, and also praised his Church in looking after
      ex-Catholicose with care, and according to his statement HH was hail and
      hearty and expressed his desire of his having a long and healthy retired
      life. But after 3-days we heared about his departure to the heavenly
      abode according to that forum.

      On 26th evening in the Asianet news bulletin this has been reported with
      the photo clipping. In that the poor soul, the once head of Indian Orthodox
      Church was lying in his death bed, with an ordinary man's dress. What a
      pity to see the mortal remains of the former head of a church lying like an
      ordinary man? It was heartening to see HH in such a state. I felt sorry
      about it? Where was all his followers? His successors to their throne
      was celebrating his victory at Trikkunnath Seminary at that time, to
      defeat the demand of the Jacobites for permission to pray in the tomb of
      one of their greatest leaders malankara ever saw. Exactly a year before
      HH's death, he visited Ahmedabad, but never thought that HH, the longest
      ever living episcopa in the Christiandom currently, will die soon. I think once they
      snatched away the Catholicoi from the poor soul, as it is natural, the
      poor soul could not last long more than three months. In SOCM sometime
      there was a message foretelling about this, and it met with strong
      objection from a learned member.

      Another thing I noticed in the photo-gallery of manorama online, the
      mortal remains of the late leader looks very pathetic. All his nails
      were overgrown. It may be quite natural that the growth of nails at this
      age is common, but there must be somebody to look after the poor soul
      after his getting dumped in one of the corner rooms of Devalokam. If
      they fail on it, it must be a great sin on those who are responsible.

      Another tall claim of one of the mourner of his death was "an undisputed
      leader of 4 million Keralites". I think he might have taken great pain
      to keep an account of even the dead since 1912 AD, the year this
      Catholicate has been installed. Almost all the mourners of HH was
      pouring abundant praise on this poor soul. Is it all real? The history
      reminds us all this as crocodile tears, and in reality as and when HH's
      successor took charge, this poor soul has been a liability to them. The
      enthronment of his successor is still an orchestrated ....., the people
      played behind the curtains all know it well, but the poor faithfuls are
      fed with sweetened lie. The installation ceremony of HH's successor has
      been lead by their Synod President/Secretary. Will it not be possible
      for them to wait till the end of the reigning one. According to their
      GREAT CONSTITUTION of 1934, the Catholicose and Malankara
      Metropolitan's seat is not to be relinguished by the incumbent, but has
      to continue till his death, the legitimate right of Marthoma Mathews-II
      has been snatched away by few. The successor of this poor soul could not
      wait further, which reminded me another proverb: "Vevuvolam
      nilkkamenkil, aaruvolam nilkkarutho". I remember another malayalam
      proverb here: "Paalam kadakkuvolam narayana, narayana, paalam kadannal
      koorayana, koorayana". The history repeating its funny actions with this
      people, who can take any stand which suits their demand/wish, and it is
      the legacy of any Church that revolt against its legitimate Head.

      As it was the custom of the Indian Catholicoi not to bow down to
      anybody, Didimos-I did not like to bow down to anybody else (including
      his immediate successor, who has been thrown out of the throne, and
      might have been praying for Marthoma Mathews-II's sudden death). They
      claim they are the high priests according to their Consti(.....), and it
      is a fact that majority of his predecessors have been declared OUT by
      the UMPIRE, let us call it the DESTINY. If Didimos-I see this as a
      writing on the walls, let him pray to Almighty to finish his innings
      during a sleep, as he might have been praying since 1992. His dream of
      becoming the MM & Catholicose for the long 13 years is too much, and let
      us all wait for the umpire's decision when to call for an OUT to him.

      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
      Member ID 1012
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com