RE: [SOCM-FORUM] CHURCH AND POLITICS

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2002
      Dear ALL,
      Today's world is small due to better communication and trans port. Something
      happens any corner of the world it is known to every one through media.
      Hence things come to light very fast. People view things and criticize
      actions. Pope/bishops no one is exempted. This quarrel and fights were there
      always among men.
      Roman church persecuted all other Christians for power and
      number(popularity). They have forcibly taken our people in India,to their
      fold. Same thing they have done
      all over the world. But that does not mean there any faithful among them.
      There would have been silent, insignificant Gods children among them,who
      will inherit heaven.

      Why, fight was among the first line of Christ's disciple's .We cannot be
      more informed about Christ words and actions than them. We cannot be holier
      than them.
      (Even though we have holier people to whom saint hood awarded as Oscars).

      The bishops who came from Syria it took 3-4 years to reach India.Enroute
      many died and killed. They were driven and guided by Christian spirit.
      Today orthodox people say they came for money.They can not understand any
      thing more than money.They are the people who occupy
      Church property.They drive God,to court.
      Even today our tradition is same and a vast majority of the people live in
      the same tradition and devotion. We can see them in our churches
      We can see the shine on faces, through Holy Communion they are part of
      Christ body, they are Gods children. They are the real Christians.

      Dear Kuruvilla do not get disheartened by the who fight, have an eye on
      position and ditch each other and say all this
      is for Gods sake,prompted by Holy Ghost.Try to emulate the real Gods
      children.
      Love
      vmt

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2002
        A few days back i have read a mail by Babu Paul calling
        Fr.Kallappara Achen "as Kallapara, a village priest with
        SSLC & TTC".

        I am very sad that a person of such a great knowledge like
        Babu Paul, who himself claims, "My postings are , have always
        been, in the hands of God; that is why even today 2 years
        after retirement I am being used by God." (Posting in SOCM
        forum dated, Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:17:41 +0530, write articles
        like this. I don't know whether God has given him special
        permission to post articles like this in an Internet forum.
        May be he responded so cheaply because of his human nature.

        Anyhow it will good to read what this Kallapara Achen
        (SSLC & TTC in the words of Babu Paul IAS)wrote about Babu Paul
        in the book "Keralathile kraisthava Sabakal, Oru Padanam"
        (Page 17) published in 1994 by Achen himself. In this book
        Kallappara Achen had only praised this Babu Paul IAS
        (in a special section).

        Now compare the languages & the standards of Babu Paul who
        termed Kallapara Achen as a “village priest with SSLC & TTC”,
        with that of the Kallapara Achen who termed Babu Paul as a
        great person in that book.

        Who is of high standard ? Is that the Babu Paul who have
        tons of degrees but using indecent languages to criticize others
        and thereby expressing his unwillingness to accept the general
        feelings of the common man --- OR ---- is that this
        “village Priest” (in Babu Paul IAS’s words) who termed this
        Babu Paul as a great person ?

        Dear Babu Paul Sir, it will be good if you use words wisely,
        remember once said it couldn’t be taken back unless he is a
        political character.
        Jacob
      • DANIEL BABU PAUL
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2002
          Thank you. Pray for me.
          TOTUS TUUS MARIA
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 9, 2002
            I strongly feel that , we should not have discussed
            the topic in this forum.

            John Mancha