St. Ephrem's Syrian Orthodox Church - USA

  • Moderators-SOCM Forum
    Message 1 of 3363 , Jan 30, 2006
      We are aware of the unfortunate dissension at St. Ephrem's Syrian
      Orthodox Church during the past 3 years. We have seen outbursts from
      one side such as the HIS-Storians of Orthodox Faction of Malankara
      cites in their forum earlier. We had understood that a settlement
      was being negotiated. Perhaps the negotiation has entered a
      stalemate and one party appears to be posturing against the
      hierarchy through messages on the internet. The Western Archdiocese
      has several parishes. This schism is limited to this parish only
      (Our information is that about 25 families--108 members in all-
      voted for the secession, despite tall claims on the internet.) It
      remains to be seen how many faithful will actually leave the Church.
      We hope that those contemplating "independence under no religious
      authority" will come to their senses soon.

      While Satan revels in his temporary victory, These Orthodox faction
      HIS-Storians and their ilk are welcome to revel along. In fact, as
      is their habit, we expect them to fish in troubled waters (yes, we
      are referring to the events of 1912 when they took advantage of an
      unfortunate situation in the Patriarchate). We know of earlier
      contacts between the Orthodox faction leadership and the dissident
      group's priest which didn't go too far because of unanimous
      opposition within the group.
      http://www.geocities.com/malankarav3/Mangalam_24_Sep_02_A.htm

      It is at the same time that one of the senior bishop boasted at the
      Kottayam Cheriyapally that he could consecrate a Patriarch at
      Damascus if only he got a word of approval from his leadership.

      Published in the interest of innocent believers to avoid get
      confused by the Satanic activates

      In Our Lord�s Love
      Forum Moderators
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com