tell me more about your church

  • Scott R. Harrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2006
      Dear Sirs:
      Kindly tell me more about your church.
      I wish God's blessings on all Christians.

      There are, sometimes, differences in what the Christians think. But we all pray because Christ prayed for our eventual unity on all things (John 17).

      Do you yet accept the teachings of the Council of Chalcedon (451 AD)?What are you thinking on this?

      I'm unafilliated with a church now; but was raised Lutheran. And I'm leaving behind the Lutheran beliefs I had. I'm looking into Eastern Orthodoxy (Chalcedonian), while the Lutherans accepted Chalcedon; but because of St. John 15:26, I can no longer accept when the Lutherans say "and the Son" [Filioque] regarding the procession of the Holy Spirit; and on this point, I agree with the Eastern Orthodox [and I believe the Oriental Orthodox say this as well, "The Holy Spirit of truth proceeds from the Father, the Father alone".

      Take care.
      Sincerely,
      Scott R. Harrington, B.A.

      "o para tou patrov ekporeuetai" St. John 15:26

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators(SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.