Re: HOW TO DRESS IN OUR CHURCH

  • Roy Skariah
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2006
      Dear Moderators,

      I fully agree with the message of Joy Kutty of Detroit on how one should go to church.

      One must go to the church not only wearing the best dress but must be clean. Not only dress but when one goes to church they must be physically and mentally clean to be allowed to enter the church.

      It is very disappointing to see now a days even some come to the church and enter the the Altar with unclean clothes, without taking shower, etc.etc.

      I would like to take all these faithful's attention to the fact that even back at home in our Kerala, the forefathers use to wash their feet, face and hands before they enter the church to keep the sanctity of the Most Holy Place as far as a Christian is concerned. I can only remember one Achan once pointed this out but his mention was not welcomed by some so called well educated and financially well off people who control the church now a days, as they don't care how one should attend the church.

      This is a simple but very meaningful matter every faithful must reconsider.

      Thank you Joy Kutty for bringing this matter to the forum.

      Roy Skariah

      St. George MSO Church, Carteret, NJ

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators(SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.