Re: Random Thought on Parumala Church

  • Thomas Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2006
      Dear all

      I do have question.

      Whether Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch believes in Petrine theory? I think that the message of Mr. Mike wingert a few days back suggests that this is not an official position of Syrian Orthodox Church.( It is not an official position of any of the oriental orthodox churches , if i am not wrong)

      But in Malankara this has projected as an official position of SOC
      by JSC to mislead the followers.

      If JSC in Malankara is very much interested in preserving the faith , why JSC diluted all lents ?(15 to 5 ,25 to 10,13to 4). Whether this is universal or only in malankara , i am ignorant). If you see the tradition of SOC or Coptic Churches ,the lents are given great importance.

      Mostly people are ignorant about lent or any specific events because the priests/administration gives less importance to that specific events.

      Mr. Saju, I have referred my SSLC book and it is very clearly written as 'Orthodox'. Also even though taking a small sample gives erronoues result, I am very sure that in our area in JSC churches, lents are not given the due importance. As I mentioned in earlier mail i am not sure of different areas.( This was the case of orthodox churches also earlier But last 10-15 years young priests are giving atmost importance to this facts and therefore followers also became more enthusiastic about the same.)

      Thanks
      Thomas Varghese
      St. George Orhodox Church Karakkal
      Id#2316