Re: [SOCM-FORUM] P C Alexander's nomination for Presidency

  • Fr. John Kunjukunju
    Message 1 of 13 , May 30, 2002
      My intention here is only to say Dr Babu Paul, well done. If people with
      sense makes their voice, though there will be problems, things will change
      in the long run. Behind every change there is someone made scapegoat.
      My honest opinion is that present patriarchal faction is the only faction
      who completely lost the Christian spirit.
      One open word against the system is enough to ruin the whole thing. It paid
      rich dividents to me for airing certain frank opinions.
      This is less than a cult. We can only pray. Fr John KK.
    • DANIEL BABU PAUL
      Message 2 of 13 , May 31, 2002
        yesterday i was in a hurry.
        Reg Kaniamparampil Achan's "experiments with truth" you can ask him; I don't
        think he would mind. alternatively you can ask Corepiscopa PP Joseph,
        Kottayam. I do not know the exact years, Pulickaparampil Achan may remember.
        Metran Kakshi, I think, was as Vicar in Trichur parish: again I can't give
        exact years. These are tidbits one collects as one grows up.
        I have no aversion to the Patriarch side. I am still an altarboy, my 56th
        year, in our parish here. I cannot agree with the attitude of the
        leadership, which, I fear, will lead to the conversion of a major church
        into a minor group in , say, five years from now. If I were to develop
        aversion I should have, in 1974 when they first sent complaint against
        e( the first signatory is now in the Devalokam Committees!!!), or when our "
        synod" waited on Achutanandan in 96 to plead that I may not be made Chief
        Secretary( one of the bishops made a "confession" to me later, I had heard
        even earlier), or when they prevented the Patriarch against Moran's wishes
        to visit my wife in her sick bed or even seeing me although HH would have
        liked me to translate the speech which I had written for him( BJP mouthpiece
        compared that speech with Pope's Delhi speech and said our Bawa was
        wiser!!!, Bawa wanted a photocopy and translation of that editorial which I
        sent later), or when they issued a defamatory kalpana(which many achans
        refused to read!): I have no aversion; I just feel sad that the church
        leadership has fallen into the hands of shortsighted people.
        As for Roman Catholics my position is the same as that of HH. We are in
        economic communion with them the world over; that is why even in Kerala
        Catholics give desakuri for the Patriarch side( the other side is close to
        the declaration we made in 84, but yet to formally make it).
        Hope this clarifies the position.
        TOTUS TUUS MARIA