Re: Oppression of the Syrians?

  • Saju Paulose
    Message 1 of 3362 , Jan 13, 2006
      Mr. George Aramath,

      You have rightly observed that no syriac fathers ever enslaved or
      murdered any Malankara (Keralite)Christians. On the contrary, the
      Holy Syriac fathers were either got killed or they themselves gave
      up their lives for the Malankara Christians. They practised what
      they preached-the unconditional love and affection of a responsible
      shepherd towards his sheep. IOC member Dr. M.S. Alexander's feeble
      attempt to white-wash some dark figures of methran kashi is highly
      deplorable. He equates our holy fathers to Chinese and Pak army!!!
      What a shame....Even non-Christians know that the Portugheese were
      the Chinese or Pak army to the Syriac Christians, not the Holy
      Syriac fathers. Dr. Alexander should know that his faction (IOC)
      never got independence from the mother Church. If his faction got
      independence, how can they have the Holy Patriarch as their head in
      their Bible, the 1934 constitution? Why his rebel group has
      everything similar to the Jacobite Church? We can ask several
      similar questions knowing that IOC will have no answeres for the
      same. Hence, The 'independence' argument of IOC is baseless.

      Mahatma Gandhi always preached and worked for unity in the mother
      country, not for its division. Gandhi even had to give his own life
      for that good cause. It was Jinnah (the father of Pakistan) who
      argued for and caused the division of our mother country. Like
      Mahatma Gandhi, the holy syriac fathers gave their life for the
      unity of the mother Church-The Universal Syriac Church.
      Unfortunately, it was the 'Jinnahs' of our church (like Vattasseril
      thirumeni and Basaelios Geevarghese II catholicose) caused the painful
      division in our mother chuch because of mere greed.

      And who killed the 'dove of peace' in the Indian history? It was one
      senseless person-Nathuram Godse.

      And who killed the 'dove of peace' in the Holy Universal Syriac
      Church? There is a long list of peace killers...and Dr. M.S.
      Alexander of IOC has listed a couple in his posting.

      Glory to God.

      Saju Paulose
      St. Mary's JSO Church
      White Plains,