Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 29, 2005
      "Every virtue has its beginning from God, but in terms of time, it is eternal as God is. St. Maximos has noted: `All good things and virtue itself are obviously works of God. All virtuous things have a beginning; there was a time when they were not. But virtue itself has no such beginning in time, for there was no time when it was not.' The mind rejoices and the heart is happy when we acquire the virtues. Besides this, every virtue and especially the fear of God produces knowledge, prudence, and wisdom, making those who have this fear of God virtuous, prudent, knowledgeable, and wise. Moreover, it makes those who have it praiseworthy, happy, and zealous."

      St. Nicodemos of the Holy Mountain.

      "And Your saints shall bless You. They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, And talk of Your power, To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts." Psalms 145:10-12

      Prayer Requests:

      M.E. Extreme Hardship.
      Fr. Abraam.
      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
      R. Morgan - Heart surgery. Mr. Morgan is recovering nicely.
      K. Hood - Cancer. Kerri had a successful surgery.
      D. Arteaga - Surgery
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Merna - 9 yrs old girl with brain hemorrhage - multiple skull fractures. Merna is conscious and talking but apparently she had lost hearing in one ear. She is doing better overall.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Delaney - 8 mon. old baby, hospitalized with severe burns and possible limb amputation.
      Peter, Bishoy and Neveen - healing from the loss of both their parents.
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
      Andrew Eskander - car accident. Andrew is out of the hospital and is doing great
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Bernard - Various drug addiction problems
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Safwat - Kidney problems and Anxiety.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
      E.Tawadros - Strength, Support, Guidance, wisdom and success.
      Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
      Madlen - Lost her husband in an accident. She has 2 children.
      Mark H - MS
      Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
      M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
      M. M. Fayez.
      R. Farouk's Family
      The families and friends of the 3 teenage Christian Girls beheaded in Indonesia.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
      ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.

      The Safety of our Beloved Patriarch, H.H. Pope Shenouda III.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Jose Kurian Puliyeril.
      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 31, 2005
        Devotional thoughts for the Sunday of the circumcision of our Lord � Feast
        of St. Basil and St. Gregory, the Great, New Year -2006

        Reading: From the Gospel according to St. John 15: 5-19

        Dear and Respected Brethren,
        Today is the remembrance day of two great Orthodox Church Fathers, St. Basil
        the great and St. Gregory the great. More over it is the New Year day. All
        must be in the thrill of the blessed Christmas celebrations and must be
        waiting forward to welcome the New Year. The holy reading arranged for today
        by the Holy Fathers is so significant and relevant. Our Lord and Redeemer is
        explaining in very simple words, how a faithful could and must maintain his
        or her relationship with Lord God. When we realize the inner meaning of the
        given text, we will wonder how solemn is the tradition and faith of our
        Church. Our relation with our Lord is not for a day or a few days, whereas
        it is till eternity. Our Lord who introduces himself as the vine says that
        we are the branches. Our Lord�s promise is that we could have more fruits,
        if we would stay in Him. We all know very well that the branches which are
        cut from the main stem lose the life immediately. It is true that we must
        have a connection with the main stem to retain our lives. The life could be
        provided by the main stem of the grape vine. We might wonder why our Lord
        identified himself as the real vine. We all know that the wine is taken from
        the grapes, the fruit produced on the branches of the vine. Our Lord took
        the wine and converted it as the life giving blood of our Lord. He said
        �this is my blood�. The blood of our Lord sanctifies the faithful and
        retains the life eternal. Here our Lord is telling that the branches, which
        produces the grapes, have been kept alive while abiding in our Lord. We the
        faithful have to maintain real faith, true repentance, and loving obedience
        to keep up our link with our Lord. If we keep these things in our personal
        lives, we could have a solid life with our Lord God, who is the real vine.
        King Solomon the wise advises, �The
        fruit of the righteous is a tree of life�.(Proverbs 11: 30) So let us try to
        obey the commandments of our Lord God and be righteous. In Hosea 14:8 we
        read, I am like a green fig tree: From me is thy fruit found�. We read about
        the tree which do not produce fruits in St. Luke 13: 6-9. Grace of God
        enables the trees to bear fruits. The fruits of the Spirit are also
        depending the Grace and will of God. It is because of our Lord�s own words
        that we cannot do anything with him. Kindly see St. Matthew 5: 16 and
        Philippians 1: 11.

        In the 9th verse it is said that how much our Lord God loves us. How much
        love was granted to the son by God the Father, the same amount of love is
        granted to us by God the Son. Our Lord said �if you will obey my
        commandments I will abide with you.� Our Lord has limited his commandments
        to two. He wants us to love God and love our own brethren. It is His command
        to love each other. St. Paul also stresses the need to love one another in I
        Thessalonians 4:9. St. Peter also insists us to have mutual love. (I Peter
        4:8) See the 16th verse of today�s reading. We all are entrusted to bear
        fruits and to keep them for ever. Is it a hard job to love one another?
        Kindly think. Our Lord wants us to love whom we don�t know and who doesn�t
        love us. If our pride and stubbornness are not allowing us to love our
        brethren, are we not breaking our link with our Lord God? Let us put an end
        to our selfish thoughts and desires. Let us take a decision to obey our
        Lord�s commands to love God and love our brethren. Let us take a decision on
        this New Year day. May God strengthen us to do His will, rather than our own
        wishes and desires. Let us try not to forget that we are not for this world.
        Our citizenship is in the Kingdom of God. Let the Holy Spirit guide us and
        lead us through the virtuous paths which are pleasing to our Lord God. May
        the intercessions of the Great Church Fathers, St. Basil the great and St.
        Gregory the great be a fort of protection for us. Let us try to imitate the
        life style of these two Patron Saints. May God bless us.

        WISH YOU ALL A VERY BRIGHT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAY GOD SHOWER HIS CHOICEST
        BLESSINGS THROUGHOUT THE COMING NEW YEAR AS WELL AS THE REST OF OUR LIVES.

        With prayers and regards,

        Jose Kurian Puliyeril.