Re: Re: [SOCM-FORUM] P C Alexander's nomination for Presidency

  • madhu george
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2002
      dear Babu Paul,i cannot understand your aversion to the
      patriarch faction of late.it does not behove the status of a man
      who was adorned the decoration of the Holy Ghost to betray the
      church.since when did you start realising the virtues of the Roman
      Catholic church.was their persecution of all non catholic
      christians the world over all these years,the source of your
      inspiration. and when was Kaniamparampil Kurien Cor-Episcopa,a
      member of the catholic church?please clarify,for i intend to take
      this matter up with Achen.
      On Wed, 29 May 2002 "DANIEL BABU PAUL" wrote :
      >Although I had decided long ago not to respond in this column
      >Holy Spirit
      >compels me to say that this is very uncharitable. I am not on the
      >question
      >whether PCA would make the best President, but to speak against
      >his
      >nomination JUST BECAUSE he belongs to the other group is very
      >unfortunate.......
    • Mathew Varkey
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2002

        About PC Alexanders’ nomination,  what I read from newspapers is that he is being projected by the BJP Govt. inorder to block the chances of Sonia Gandhi becoming the Prime Minister, who is also a Christian by birth.  By electing PC Alexander as the President (who is for many years a close aide of “Shiv Sena”, a coalition partner of BJP in Maharastra  & Central Govt.), the BJP thinks that they can easily raise the objection to choose another Christian (Sonia ) to the highest position, such as the Prime Minister.   Knowing the trap, the Congress leaders are now demanding to allow the present President Mr. K R Narayanan to continue, instead of P C Alexander.

        Anyhow this is Politics and I am not interested to judge what is right or wrong.  But my present question is regarding Babu Paul’s nomination to another Governmental position. My letter is to him.

        Dear Babu Paul,

        I have read many postings a few weeks back in Indian Orthodox forum in which you expressed your full support to the RSS supreme Sudersan, while criticizing some Christian Bishops (belonging to various Churches) as they objected to his teachings.  You said in that forum that Sudersan is such a nice person and Christian leaders who objected to his stand are doing this without understanding the facts.

        Subsequently, some active participants of that (IOF) forum, criticised you for your stand, which was in favour of RSS chief and that was against Christian Bishops.    I don’t wish to go into the details whether RSS leaders or Christian leaders are correct.

        But I would like to know what prompted you to make such a statement supporting BJP.

        Is it just because you are RECENTLY  SHORTLISTED  BY  THE  SAME  BJP GOVERNEMNT  IN  THE  LIST  OF  PROBABLE  CANDADITAES  FOR  THE  STATE GOVERNER’S  POST  ?

        Mathew Varkey

           Yahoo! Autos - everything you wanted to know about cars and bikes new