Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1334 , Dec 22, 2005
      "But let no one imagine that humility can be achieved easily and without labour. On the contrary, it needs more effort than the practice of any other virtue. Why? Though man had received good seeds, the chief of the opposite seeds - the tares of pride - sown by the enemy of our life, took root while he was asleep. For the same thing by which the devil had caused his own downfall to earth, caused the miserable human race to fling itself down with him into the common ruin; and there is no other evil so harmful to our nature as that which is caused by pride."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield." Psalms 5:12

      Prayer Requests:

      Fr. Abraam.
      The Christian Minority in Noshara, Pakistan.
      Nancy - Glass went into her right eye.
      R. Morgan - Heart surgery. Mr. Morgan is recovering nicely.
      K. Hood - Cancer. Kerri had a successful surgery.
      D. Arteaga - Surgery
      Fadia - Breast Cancer.
      Merna - 9 yrs old girl with brain hemorrhage - multiple skull fractures. Merna is conscious and talking but apparently she had lost hearing in one ear. She is doing better overall.
      Tara - Systematic Lupus and financial and family problems
      J.David - Depression,School,Drug problems, needs God's Guidance.
      George k - Cancer
      Frances - Brain Tumor
      Delaney - 8 mon. old baby, hospitalized with severe burns and possible limb amputation.
      Peter, Bishoy and Neveen - healing from the loss of both their parents.
      Alber - Cancer
      K - Depression, anxiety, addiction, pride and spiritual estrangement
      E. Tawadros - Guide her to the right path and grant her wish.
      Andrew Eskander - car accident. Andrew is out of the hospital and is doing great
      E. Sidhom - Cancer.
      Adel Gendy - 10 years old with kidney failure, needs a kidney transplant.
      Bernard - Various drug addiction problems
      Joseph - Prostrate Cancer
      Mary - Breast cancer
      A.K Matthew - Colon Cancer
      Enyat - severe diabetes.
      Safwat - Kidney problems and Anxiety.
      Samy - Bone cancer.
      MS - Mercy, Comfort, Strength, Healing and Protection
      AAM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      MM -- Love, Healing, Comfort, Strength, Support and Guidance
      SE -- Love, Healing
      GE -- Love, Comfort, Strength, Support, Guidance
      Helen - severe epileptic seizures.
      Stephan - 48 years old, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, stroke.
      Scott - 4 months old baby desperately in need of a bone marrow donor.
      Douglas McLead - Cancer and kidney failure.
      Mrs. McLead - Parkinson disease.
      Fr Benjamin, Photini, Marina, Miriam, Moses.
      Nicholas - constant back pain.
      Michael - 9 years old boy with a progressive brain tumor.
      Sarah - Back problems and might need an operation soon.
      Mayrvat and her 3 kids. She has been separated from her kids.
      Elizabeth - bi-polar disease and other problems.
      Fr. Constantine S. Palassis - suffers from symptoms of dementia.
      Heidy - Depression and other problems.
      Esther - Intestinal problems.
      Nick - chemotherapy.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer.
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Shafika - kidney failure.
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes.
      Jean - Neurological back problems.
      Therese - Emotional problems.
      Reggie - Cancer.
      Detra - Stress related health problems.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Cuba Plain - cancer that is high up in the breast.
      Zouhair - stomach cancer.
      Magdy - brain tumor.
      John Rittel - cancer of the lymph node and voice box.
      Eugene - completion of immigration procedures and securing a job.
      H. Adel - finish the immigration papers and preparation successfully.
      E.Tawadros - Strength, Support, Guidance, wisdom and success.
      Shareen - Stays out of trouble, gets closer to God, and Leads a pure life.
      Madlen - Lost her husband in an accident. She has 2 children.
      Mark H - MS
      Mamdooh, Nahed, Marina and Cyril - May the will of The Lord be done.
      M. Michael, C. Michael, M. Michael, R. Michael and family and friends.
      M. M. Fayez.
      R. Farouk's Family
      The families and friends of the 3 teenage Christian Girls beheaded in Indonesia.
      The mission of the Coptic Church in Africa and throughout the world.
      ERA: The mission of the EgyptiansRelief.org in Egypt may God prosper all the work done everywhere the service is.

      The Safety of our Beloved Patriarch, H.H. Pope Shenouda III.

      Please remember me in your prayers.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1334 of 1334 , Feb 17

        "Let us then not be ashamed to confess our sins unto the Lord. Shame indeed there is when each makes known his sins, but that shame, as it were, ploughs his land, removed the ever-recurring brambles, prunes the thorns, and gives life to the fruits which he believed were dead. Follow him who by diligently ploughing his field, sought for eternal fruit: `Being reviled we bless, being persecuted we endure, being defames we entreat, we are made as the off scouring of the world.' If you plough after this fashion you will sow spiritual seed. Plough that you may get rid of sin and gain fruit. He ploughed so as to destroy in himself the last tendency to persecution. What more could Christ give to lead us on to the pursuit of perfection, than to convert and then give us for a teacher one who was a persecutor?"

           St. Ambrose of Milan.

        "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."  James 1:12

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.
        Mina, I.