Re: to - aathura@- church affiliation

  • PAUL POTHEN
    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2002

      �Dear Thomas_pa,

      Thanks for explaining the fact that the other faction of the Orthodox Church in Kerala under the Catholicos�of Kottayam, too is NOT confined to a particular nationality as claimed by some.�

      Paul

      thomas_pa1@... wrote:

      Dear Paul Pothen,

      There is nothing wrong in using "Orthodox Syrian Church".

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • DANIEL BABU PAUL
      Message 2 of 7 , May 29, 2002
        Although I had decided long ago not to respond in this column Holy Spirit
        compels me to say that this is very uncharitable. I am not on the question
        whether PCA would make the best President, but to speak against his
        nomination JUST BECAUSE he belongs to the other group is very unfortunate. I
        felt ashamed of my friend Kallaappara, but then I consoled myself by
        recalling that after all he is a village priest, SSLC & TTC, and his horizon
        is bound to be as limited as his knowledge of the way the office of the
        President functions in India!!! This is sheer pettiness, forgetting how PCA
        arranged the meetings for Patriarch Iwaz in 1982 when he wanted to meet
        Sanjeeva Reddy and Indira Gandhi; well, I suppose many people would not know
        that my brother and I went to PCA and got the interviews. We are being
        ungrateful. Let me add that I am not taking any view on the candidature of
        PCA, but the church should be neutral. The Devalokam group used to send
        petition after petition against me, to no avail of course since God took
        care of me, but I have done more for the Patriarchal side than PCA ever did
        for the other side. True , he is a staunch "metran Kakshi", but that is his
        family background. Who in this church chose the side, ours or theirs, after
        studying everything,except Augen Bawa, VCSamuel Achan and KPPaulose
        Achan(uncle of Mar Barnabas of the US diocese of the Devalokam group)? And
        strangely they all moved over to the other side!!! We are here because we
        were born here. Let us be charitable. Kaniamparampil Achan who is often
        quoted here is perhaps the only person who chose our side AFTER having been
        with Roman Catholics and Metran Kakshi for many years. But he is very
        generous in these things. Let us be Christians at heart. PCA may not get
        nominated at all, even BJP is divided on that issue, but for Kallappara to
        issue this statement and for some educated son of Jehovah to applaud would
        make any sensible man sad. I can assure you that IF PCA BECOMES PRESIDENT
        AND IF PATRIARCH VISITS DELHI THEN THE PATRIARCH WILL WANT TO MEET THE
        PRESIDENT. Are we Christians or factionalists? Christ could forgive the
        Jews, we cannot " forgive" the other group!!! I have the moral right to say
        this because the other side tried to ruin my career but I have forgiven
        them; later even our side did some tricks against me to prevent my becoming
        CS and I forgave them also,so I do not owe either group anything except the
        Christian ability to forgive and forget. Leave the Rashtrapati election out
        of our church dispute!!!
        TOTUS TUUS MARIA