Re: to - aathura@- church affiliation

  • thomas_pa1
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2002
      Dear Paul Pothen, Traditionally "Church of the East" was pure Syrian
      in nature. But Church of Anthioc always had Greek fathers. Athiocian
      tradition is a combination of Greek and Syriac tradition. There is
      nothing wrong in using "Orthodox Syrian Church". Church of the East
      has a pure Syriac tradition compared with Anthioc. This is a fact.
      Dont consider this as a criticism of Anthioc. Greek tradition is also
      great. For many years the language of CHurch of Anthioc was Greek.
      It is only after Chalcedon that non-Chalcedonian section of Anthioc
      developed in to a Syrian Church, when the Greek section almost
      entirely joined the Chalcedonian side.

      -Thomas

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., PAUL POTHEN wrote:

      > Athura@…..,
      >

      > Thank you Liba; with your explanation about your present FACTIONAL
      affiliation, it is now very clear for your inspiration behind
      criticizing the Syrian Orthodox Christians of Malankara.
    • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 25, 2002

        Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

        To read more click below

           Yahoo! Autos - everything you wanted to know about cars and bikes new
      • =?iso-8859-1?q?Humble=20Serva
        Message 3 of 7 , May 25, 2002
          Dear All:

          Hindu reported that Syrian Orthodox christians has
          opposed and sent its disagreement to central Gov on
          appointing an Indian orthodox person (P C Alexander)as
          Indian President, as we want highest office
          unbiased.This is a good news, We have to send strong
          signals of disagreement to central Gov and Sonia
          Gandhi and CPM.
          =====
          A Humble Servant of Jesus Christ.Son of Jehova,God of Israel

          A knight of the Order of Jacob Baradeus for empowering
          Jacobites under Holy Throne of Antioch, my mission.
        • Philip
          Message 4 of 7 , May 26, 2002

            Here it is enclosed a news letter which i recd. from a forum.  It's very interesting.

            Bishop's mansion too grand for 'servant of the Word of God'

            London (ENI). A Catholic bishop has announced that he is going to sell his 16-room episcopal residence, whose grandeur he says is "not appropriate", and take up life on the road, moving around his diocese. Patrick O'Donoghue, the Roman Catholic bishop of Lancaster, in northern England, plans to stay at a succession of deaneries in order to get closer to the 116 000 Catholics in his diocese.   Much of the proceeds of the sale of the bishop's house will be used on projects to relieve social deprivation in the diocese.   O'Donoghue will use a set of rooms in the cathedral as his permanent base.   "My job is not that of managing director of The Church plc [public limited company], but servant of the word of God and shepherd of the flock," he explained in a pastoral letter. [569 words, ENI-02-0150]
            ENI News Highlights contain summaries of ENI articles published
            today.

            This summary may be copied or re-posted provided the information printed below is retained.   Individual paragraphs may be reproduced provided ENI is acknowledged as the source.

            For details of subscriptions to the full ENI News Service, which contains full text articles, contact ENI at the address below.

            If you no longer wish to receive these ENI News Highlights please send an e-mail to

            majordomo@...-coe.org

               Yahoo! Autos - everything you wanted to know about cars and bikes new
          • PAUL POTHEN
            Message 5 of 7 , May 28, 2002

              �Dear Thomas_pa,

              Thanks for explaining the fact that the other faction of the Orthodox Church in Kerala under the Catholicos�of Kottayam, too is NOT confined to a particular nationality as claimed by some.�

              Paul

              thomas_pa1@... wrote:

              Dear Paul Pothen,

              There is nothing wrong in using "Orthodox Syrian Church".

              Do You Yahoo!?

            • DANIEL BABU PAUL
              Message 6 of 7 , May 29, 2002
                Although I had decided long ago not to respond in this column Holy Spirit
                compels me to say that this is very uncharitable. I am not on the question
                whether PCA would make the best President, but to speak against his
                nomination JUST BECAUSE he belongs to the other group is very unfortunate. I
                felt ashamed of my friend Kallaappara, but then I consoled myself by
                recalling that after all he is a village priest, SSLC & TTC, and his horizon
                is bound to be as limited as his knowledge of the way the office of the
                President functions in India!!! This is sheer pettiness, forgetting how PCA
                arranged the meetings for Patriarch Iwaz in 1982 when he wanted to meet
                Sanjeeva Reddy and Indira Gandhi; well, I suppose many people would not know
                that my brother and I went to PCA and got the interviews. We are being
                ungrateful. Let me add that I am not taking any view on the candidature of
                PCA, but the church should be neutral. The Devalokam group used to send
                petition after petition against me, to no avail of course since God took
                care of me, but I have done more for the Patriarchal side than PCA ever did
                for the other side. True , he is a staunch "metran Kakshi", but that is his
                family background. Who in this church chose the side, ours or theirs, after
                studying everything,except Augen Bawa, VCSamuel Achan and KPPaulose
                Achan(uncle of Mar Barnabas of the US diocese of the Devalokam group)? And
                strangely they all moved over to the other side!!! We are here because we
                were born here. Let us be charitable. Kaniamparampil Achan who is often
                quoted here is perhaps the only person who chose our side AFTER having been
                with Roman Catholics and Metran Kakshi for many years. But he is very
                generous in these things. Let us be Christians at heart. PCA may not get
                nominated at all, even BJP is divided on that issue, but for Kallappara to
                issue this statement and for some educated son of Jehovah to applaud would
                make any sensible man sad. I can assure you that IF PCA BECOMES PRESIDENT
                AND IF PATRIARCH VISITS DELHI THEN THE PATRIARCH WILL WANT TO MEET THE
                PRESIDENT. Are we Christians or factionalists? Christ could forgive the
                Jews, we cannot " forgive" the other group!!! I have the moral right to say
                this because the other side tried to ruin my career but I have forgiven
                them; later even our side did some tricks against me to prevent my becoming
                CS and I forgave them also,so I do not owe either group anything except the
                Christian ability to forgive and forget. Leave the Rashtrapati election out
                of our church dispute!!!
                TOTUS TUUS MARIA