christianity - unity in diversity?

  • Mind Curry
    Message 1 of 3351 , Dec 4, 2005
      I think my introductory mail is going to be very controversial. Consider this:

      God created man in his own image. In God's image he created him; male and female he created them.

      All Christians consider the Bible to be holy and there is a good consensus on the authority of its content. The words above are quotes from the first book of the Bible.

      I could not stop myself from pondering over those lines, probably because I have not read much of the rest of the Bible. Anyway, I believe what any man can understand from the above is that God created man and woman in His image, equal and same. And from that creation, man and woman procreated to form more men and women. Over generations you and I were born.

      Now consider the present day. We have many religions and communities, which is all justifiable in some way perhaps. But how can Christianity have so many different divisions and everyone still believe in the Bible? If we all are descendants of Adam and Eve, how can we all have different beliefs?

      As far as my understanding goes, it is all a game of power and selfishness, vested interests and politics. Divide and rule policy at its best.

      So what is your take on this? Do you think one sabha is superior to another? Why cant we all be one and believe in the Bible from the beginning and not just parts convenient to one sabha?

      Probably I will be out of this group very soon, but if anyone wants to read more of my above article, please let me know.

      God bless us all.
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3351 of 3351 , Apr 1 4:38 AM
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name