Re; Opportunists in outside Kerala dioceses

  • ABIMON JOY
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      >Message: 4
      >Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:40:31 +0000
      >From: Johnson Joseph
      >Subject: Opportunists in outside Kerala dioceses

      >"In Baroda, the IOC have a big church and parish of 500+ strength, 3
      >chapels, and 3 Higher Secondary Schools. Sad to say, above 50% of
      >the parish members are "Jacobites", but clinging there because their
      >children get free education, free school bus services etc. We cannot
      >blame them since education here is a very costly affair and all
      >working people cannot afford it. "

      Dear Mr.John Joseph,

      I was going through your article and it mentioned that in Baroda more than 50% of parish members are Jacobite is totally wrong. Ofcourse there are few of them of whom still their home parish in Kerala is a Jacobite church, but I hope you know they are financially very sound and they dont need to go behind free education or bus services, nor they wish to leave their mother church as in true faith and spirit they are clinging to the 2000 yrs old church.

      Baroda Parish since its inception as a Trust there was no hidden agenda in the minds of the members, all members in one good aim let it be Orthodox or Jacobite started Basil with lot of hard work. And now by the grace of god surely we have a big church with 3 chapels, schools and other facilities. H.G.Thomas Mar Athanasious is one of the pioneer leaders of the Baroda church and had a great vision for Baroda church , also to mention H.G.Stephanos Mar Theodiosios as H.G was the 1st vicar of our Baroda Church.

      Surely as parents take care of their childrens, Baroda Parish would do all the best for its members coming with true faith without any discrimination (Orthodox or Jacobite) in the house of our lord Jesus Christ at Baroda Mar Gregorious Orthodox Syrian Church.

      In christ.
      Abey Joy
      Kuwait.
      Home Parish:- MGOSC, Baroda.
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.