Heaven and Hell

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      Dear Moderators and Mike Wingert:

      This was the best explanation of the concept of purgatory, Hell and Heaven that I have seen.

      Mike can you describe in a little more detail the orthodox concept of Heaven and Hell as you have summarized in your communication:

      >"Some Orthodox Christian fathers have explained heaven and hell to
      >ultimately be the same thing: a reckoning with reality. As some
      >have been decieved by the devil, they will appose ultimate reality
      >and experience an unrelenting fire. For those whose hearts yearn
      >for mercy, they will experience the burning light of God; as our
      >imperfections are burned away, we are embraced by the same light.
      >This is unity with God. This is the true "Shayno wa Shlomo." "

      How does this concept differ or agree with the modern "conscious" movement?

      If you can direct us to some easy accessible references (like on the web) that also will be useful for our further study.

      Thanks Mike.

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Hudson, Ohio
      Member #: 0956