Re: Flow of our faithful to Pentecostal Churches

  • Ajay Abraham Kuriakose
    Message 1 of 3389 , Nov 23, 2005
      Respected Mr. Jose Kurian Puliyeril

      From your message
      I had mentioned about the flow of our faithful from both JSC and IOC
      to the sectarian and Pentecostal Churches. Many of our youngsters,
      who station outside Kerala, are becoming victims of such
      opportunists. And even their parents are hooked up.
      Dear sir, I wished to address this issue to in the last reply to you,
      however I was not sure you were interested. Since I got your reply I
      would like to take up the second part of your original message..

      Sir, I agree with you that today the flow is at its peak ... But sir I
      couldn't understand this outside kerala phenomenon. Are you speaking
      about in India or outside India? I am asking a sincere question (I
      dont know much about outside kerala phenomemnon... ). Well if it is
      as you say, then the picture is pretty bad indeed for all orthodox
      faithful.

      Now as to what is happening. Though it is sad this is happening, we
      ought not to be too much distressed by this. For this is bound to
      happen. Signs of the times tell us a lot (I am not saying on my own
      but recently heard from several of clergy and even from H.B. when he
      visited our church). If you look in the Bible Sir, somewhere it is
      written:

      "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but
      according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they
      will heap up for themselves teachers;"

      So unless these new age teachers have many to follow they cannot be a
      suceess , unless they (new age teachers)are a success they cannot
      possibly be fore-runners of their master the evil one. (for just as
      Jesus had a fore runner in him to announce his coming in John the
      baptist, the evil one has let out his men before his coming.)

      People with itching ears want to only hear of healings ie: promises
      of good health , wealth etc... and for these things they heap up new
      age teachers. They run to where these new age gurus who offer
      healing are ... Dont you think so sir ???

      The bible teaches not to despair about those who are being lost. Do
      you want to know why the Church's Gospel cannot be understood by some?

      Answer: 2 corinthians Ch4 verses 3-4

      verse 3: But even if our gospel is veiled , it is veiled to those who
      are perishing,
      verse 4: whose minds the god of this age has blinded , who do not
      believe, lest the light of the gospel of glory of the Christ , who
      is in the image of God , should shine on them.

      For those who wish to argue regarding this verse read 2Peter verses
      18,19. It clears the air about who are blind and who are not ....

      2Peter ch 2 verse 18,19
      verse 18: For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they
      allure through the lusts of the flesh , through licentiousness, the
      ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.

      What are these lusts of the flesh ?? ( a few are listed below)
      Ans:-------->Promise of Good Health.
      -------->Promise of Good Wealth.
      -------->Promises of fullfilment of all our ambitions and desires.

      Now verse 19: While they Promise them liberty, they themselves are
      slaves of corruption;...

      Do you know why we should not despair about such that are being lost
      to every wind of doctrine.

      Answer: 2Peter 2:9

      Then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgement.

      But as you said praying for those being lost is certainly to be
      undertaken in a very big way , to minimise the damage being done to
      us and also for God to show mercy on the weak who are being tossed to
      and fro in every wind of doctrine.

      From your reply I also was able to gather that you are aware of what
      your church has done to its mother church ...

      Dear sir if God has given you his grace , I plead with you to leave
      the church that follows divisive tatics and return to your mother
      church, Among brethren unity is supreme says the Lord.

      I end with Psalms 133 ( A song of Ascents, of David)
      1.Behold ,how good and how pleasent it is
      For brethren to dwell together in unity!
      2.It is like the precious oil upon the head,
      Running down on the beard ,
      The beard of Aaron,
      Running down on the edge of his
      garments.