Syriac Prayers

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10 11:53 PM
      O Christ, the ocean of our forgiveness,
      allow me to wash off
      in you
      the dirt I am clothed in,
      so that I may become resplendent
      in the rainment of your Holy Light.
      May I be covered with the cloud of your hidden glory,
      full of secret Mysteries.
      May the things which divert me
      from gazing upon your beauty
      not be visible to me.
      May wonder at your glory
      captivate me continually,
      may my mind become unable to set in motion
      worldly impulses.
      May nothing ever separate me from your love,
      but rather may that desire,
      which is in you,
      to behold your countenance
      harrow me continually.

      "The Syriac Fathers On Prayer and the Spiritual Life," translated
      from the original Syriac-Aramaic by Sebastian Brock of Oxford,
      Cistercian Publications