A FRANK OPINION ON A NAKED THRUTH ABOUT US

  • kuriakose george
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2002
      I have gone thru few posting in the SOCM Forum and you may find my
      feelings to both factions of Malankara Syrian Christian Church as follows.

      In our church, divisions started in my childhood and was very keen to
      participate in all protest marches conducted by the then Ankamali Diocesan
      Methrapolitian HG Thomas Mor Divanyasios. I belongs from St. Marys Church
      Marady, near Muvattupuzha . After 20 years ( married, settled at Delhi) ,
      I find extremely difficult to digest the way the church people fight as
      stray dogs at street. The way people are divided by church leaders for the
      sake of money, power and prestige. I wonder that in which groups our Lord
      Jesus belongs. Do we have any morale to preach the teaching of our Lord
      Jesus. Do they( our church leaders) enjoying benefits of Divide and Rule
      policy? I heard that most of the church officials in the rich parishes near
      to my native, misusing their official power to enjoy church's fund for
      running BLADE BANK. Since the Court Dispute with various churches hinder
      managing committee to make any deposits in banks or any other financial
      institutions. Hence the churches income are kept in trusted peoples hands
      by the managing committee. Or the money is being lavishing spending on
      Perunal Nercha (Good Five star food for all), unnecessary
      construction/maintenance,fire works etc Oops!!!!!! After seeing all this
      ordeal, I feel that ONLY WE (so called CHRISITAN ) CRUCIFIED LORD JESUS
      CHRIST NOT THE JEWS. IT IS ONLY OUR CHURCH LEADERS WHO ARE KISSING (PRETEND
      TO BE MORE AFFECTIONATE) JESUS CHRIST SAME WAY JUDE DONE. ONLY WE AUCTION
      CHIT FOR HIS GOWN NOT ROMAN SOLDIERS.

      Think! what is the basis principle of Christianity. Peace & Love. Do
      our church ( both groups) deliver this to the world. Nobody want peace
      because everybody want power. Nobody Loves because everybody love only
      Money. How much money spent on Court disputes by both groups for the last
      two decades. Who's money is this? Is it rear coin of the widow(whole
      Syrian Christians)?( Any way the barristers/Advocates in Supreme court also
      not interested to settle this case immediately, they wish it will continue
      for the next generation also.) How much money spent of charity /social
      upliftment( not only in kerala but also whole India , remember MSCC belong
      to whole of India and the East) for the last two decades? What is our
      contribution towards the society? How much time and energy we spent on
      spiritual activities? Yes we do have. We built beautiful churches in
      competition so that our leaders get more income to survive, our leaders
      divide the folks to get more control. Say even if they think, they are
      apostles of peace and love, they have saved this money and spent the same
      for CHARITY. Alas ! WHO TALK ABOUT CHARITY NOW A DAYS. WE ONLY TALK
      ABOUT SEAT OF POWER/THRONE (WHETHER IT IS PATHROS OR THOMAS, WE DO NOT
      CARE!!!!). WE ONLY TALK OF HOW MUCH FOLLOWERS/CHURCHES "I CONTROL". SO THAT
      OUR LIFE WILL BE MORE COMFORTABLE IN FUTURE WITHOUT ANY WORK ENJOY GOOD
      KAYYIMUTH ( LOOK FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE DANAWAN ( RICH) AND NOT BOTHERED
      ABOUT THE LAZAR ( THE POORIEST), FREE CAR, FREE PETROL, PF, BONUS,
      GRATITUITY, FREE HOUSE/ PHONE, MEDICAL, LTA, VISA FOR ME/USA, GUARANTEE TO
      PRIEST HOOD TO NEXT GENERATION, FREE CHILDREN EDUCATION/ADMISSION SABHA
      SCHOOL/COLLEAGE, GURANTED POSITION OF TEACHER FOR PREIST OR KOCHAMMA etc.
      (Please do not wonder, these facilities are already in place in New
      Delhi's most reputed Church and that happens to be my temporary parish)
      Recently I heard that the leaders are switching over another side just like
      in political party ( Hay musical chair). If this spirituality continues by
      us , we will have to see that our churches would be converted to monuments
      like in Europe and other western nations.

      It is a shame to our church. Let me tell you my 95 year old father still
      says MALANKARA SYRIAN CHRISITAN CHURCH will one day will be a Govt.
      controlled body same as DEVASOM BOARD in Kerala. (I still remember my Ist
      standard story A BREAD BETWEEN TWO CATS(FOOLISH) AND A BRILLIANT MONKEY ON
      THE TREE)

      My request to all, that let us try to find a amicable solutions thru talk,
      in our action, in brotherhood principle which we have been preaching,
      believing, practicing and the learning from Holy Bible. ( I really
      disagree the fact that any court verdict for a spiritual supremacy of any
      kind in the world from any where have any impact in human because
      SPIRITUALISM is a human psychological behavior. Shame !!! Shame!! We
      require a court verdit to prove our spirituality which we have freely
      inherited from our forefathers since AD 52. SHAME SHAME

      Kuriakose george

      PS: author sincerely and unconditionally apologize for any physical and
      metal agony caused to the readers by expressing this frank and sincere
      opinion. It is unfortunate for me to express this opinion even though I have
      been associated with a great church MSOCC by birth. I sincerely believe
      that the TRUTH in the world is bitter, difficult to chew & swallow, and
      not easy to digest. thanks

    • thomas_pa1
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2002
        What do you mean by exiting the Oriental Orthodox community?
        What is your definition of OO community?

        Thomas