Catholicose Faction Trying to interrupt Functioning of Vadakara Jacobite Church

  • Rev. Fr. Thomas Palackathadathil
    Message 1 of 3373 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hi everybody,

      This is to invite your attention to the recent developments in St. John's Jacobite Syrian Christian Church Vadakara. As you all know, the Church is one of the ancient parishes of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church. H. B. Baseliose Paulose II of Blessed Memory functioned as the Metropolitan of the Parish until H. B's accidental demise.

      As you are aware, the parish was under resever custody. Last year, the Hight court of Kerala appointed a commission and an election to the parish assembly was held under their guidence. In the election, almost 90% of the parishioners favoured Jacobite church and the committee having 100% Jacobite representation came into existance. It is to be remembered that many of the rival candidates got only around 100 votes in an election where more than 1000 people voted.

      After the election, the Cahtolicose group, headed by Fr. P. C. Joy Kadukummakkil, did everything possible to nulliffy the election. Thanks to the Grace of God, the Honourable High Court sanctioned our Committe and the Committee assumed power.

      Since then the Orthodox faction is trying to make problems in the parish. They are attacking our counters with the help of drunkards, and local rowdies. Sad to say that the priest who is heading the rival faction was ordained in our church. He left our Church and joined other faction.

      So please keep our faithful people sufferring there in your prayers. I want you all to think and understand the ungodly means by which the Malankara Orthodox people are trying to create problems in a parish.

      "May God Bless you"

      Fr. Thomas Palackathadathil
      # 2329
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com