New Eyes And A New Vision

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2001
      New Eyes and a New Vision

      Create eyes in me, and so may I see with Your eyes,
      for I cannot see with my own eyes.

      May my mind travel inwards
      towards the hiddenness of Your sacrifice,
      just as You have travelled out into the open
      and been cojoined to Your Mysteries.

      At this moment
      may I be totally forgetful of myself,
      and remain utterly unmindful
      of my own person.

      May every bodily image
      be wiped away from my mind's Eye,
      and may You alone
      be depicted before the Eye of my mind.

      And now, when Your Spirit descends from heaven
      upon your Mysteries,
      may I ascend in spirit from earth to heaven.

      -- Joseph the Visionary, Prayers of the Mystics, "The Syriac Fathers
      On Prayer and the Spiritual Life," Translated from the original
      Syriac-Aramaic by Sebastian Brock of Oxford, Cistercian Publications
    • Thomas V.M
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2001
        Dear Reji,
        This is beautiful prayer.Thanks for translation and
        putting this up.
        Regards
        V.M.Thomas

        http://im.yahoo.com/