Reply to message of alex john

  • Thomas Varghese
    Message 1 of 3361 , Oct 28, 2005
      Dear alex

      I sympathise with your emotions but I will place before you the other side.

      1. You r telling about elections and majority. You may aware that Supream court of this land has asked to conduct an election of 'malankara metrapolitha 'by malankara association and SC appointed Rtd justice Malimath to supervise elections. At the last moment the present JSOC wing boycotted the association.If your spirit of elections(ie even if somebody won by one vote he will rule) is accepted by your faction such an action should not have happened.

      2.I will again come back to u r example of the democracy of this country. Consider in Kerala if all the seats to legislative assembly was won by a single party. Even then can that government declare that they are not the part of India but of some other country .(or formed a new Country) I think No.

      3. Again consider that in a Pothuyogam in your church it was decided that Now Church is called 'faith home ' and it will under some IPC/TPC like that ,even if you are a minority whether you will accept that?(On one sunday morning you go to the church for participating in Holy Quarbana and you find that it becomes a faith home ! some pastor is giving sermon !). Even It can happen that some churches may declare independance !(Some black sheeps will be there in all the community and they will take advantage of the situation )

      Because once you accept that majority in church pothuyogam can decide the sabha in which the church is a member , then it will be a problem for JSOC also in the long run(In the shorter spell you may think that you are getting some churches)

      Even though I am raising this points I will fully appreciate your concerns. How to solve this problem is a big question to be answered . But rediculing the otherside without seeing the real issues may not solve the problem.

      Thanking you
      Thomas Varghese
      St George Orthodox Church Karakkal
      Member Id #2316