SOCM-FORUM Stand for?

  • Forum Moderator
    Message 1 of 13 , May 11 12:17 AM
      Dear Liba
      Forum Home Page message is self explanatory. Still we keep the
      freedom of speech and expressions. We believe that their are many
      other sources to express the members view. If we do not allow to post
      their posting in this forum, they may seek other sources. Their they
      may be brain washed, so we do allow most of the postings with or
      without editing.
      Forum Moderator

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., aathura thomas wrote:
      > Hello...
      > What does SOCM-FORUM Stand for...Am confused a bit..
      > Is it anyway dedicated to The Orthodox Jacobite Church
      (Patrugheese) or The Orthodox Syrian Church..or its a Combn of
      members from both section of the church..
      > Well some info abt the Supreme Court Case,
      > Malankara Sabha Case scheduled for Wednesday, 8th May 2002 has been
      > postponed following the death of the father of Justice K G
      Balakrishnan, a member
      > of the SC Bench hearing the case.A new date will be announced
      later.However, since the the court closes
      > for summer Vacation now, it can now come up after the vacation only
      in
      > June/July.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Liba

      > Yahoo! Shopping - Mother's Day is May 12th!
    • Joshy C Abraham
      Message 2 of 13 , May 11 9:30 PM
        Dear Liba,

        SOCM - Syrian Orthodox Church (Jacobite) Members

        Regards,

        What does SOCM-FORUM Stand for...Am confused a bit..

        Is it anyway dedicated to The Orthodox Jacobite Church (Patrugheese) or The Orthodox Syrian Church..or its a Combn of members from both section of the church..

        Well some info abt the Supreme Court Case,

        Malankara Sabha Case scheduled for Wednesday, 8th May 2002 has been
        postponed following the death of the father of Justice K G Balakrishnan, a member
        of the SC Bench hearing the case.A new date will be announced later.However, since the the court closes
        for summer Vacation now, it can now come up after the vacation only in
        June/July.

        Regards,

        Liba

      • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
        Message 3 of 13 , May 12 9:04 PM

          Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

          To read more click below

             Yahoo! Autos - everything you wanted to know about cars and bikes new
        • Thomas Daniel
          Message 4 of 13 , May 14 11:35 PM

            Hildegard of Bingen:
            Antiphon for the Holy Spirit
            The Holy Spirit is life that gives life,
            Moving all things.
            It is the root in every creature
            And purifies all things,
            Wiping away sins,
            Anointing wounds.
            It is radiant life, worthy of praise,
            Awakening and enlivening
            All things.
            Antiphon for Divine Love
            Love
            Gives herself to all things,
            Most excellent in the depths,
            And above the stars
            Cherishing all:
            For the High King
            She has given
            The kiss of peace.
            God is the Musician
            The soul is kissed by God in its innermost regions.
            With interior yearning, grace and blessing are bestowed.
            It is a yearning to take on God's gentle yoke,
            It is a yearning to give one's self to God's way.
            The marvels of God are not brought forth from one's self.
            Rather, it is more like a Chord, a sound that is played.
            The tone does not come out of the chord itself, but rather,
            through the touch of the Musician.
            I am, of course, the lyre and harp of God's kindness!

          • drthomas_joseph
            Message 5 of 13 , May 15 1:05 AM
              Shlomo Rajesh:

              You are entitled to your opinions and interpretation of scripture,
              but I would like you to consider the following:

              1. St. Paul rebukes the early Christians, not the early Fathers of
              the Church. That is not to say that the early fathers were
              infallible. But by the same token, the apostles and disciples of
              Christ some of whom authored the books of the New Testament were not
              either. We find St. Peter betraying Christ (Matt 26:69), St. James
              and John seeking positions of pre-eminence (Mark 10:37), St. Thomas
              expressing unbelief at the ressurection (John 20:25), St. Paul
              anticipating an imminent second coming (I Cor 15:51), St. Matthew in
              his zeal to proclaim Christ as the fulfiller of prophecies, seating
              Christ both on a donkey and a colt on his Entry into Jerusalem (Matt
              21:7, as fulfilment of Zach 9:9), other inconsistencies between the
              Gospel accounts, etc. We cannot accept the New Testament as scripture
              and completely disregard the teachings and traditions of the Holy
              Fathers of the Church, which elaborate and interpret the word of
              truth with authority.

              2. The evolution of New Testament as scripture from a large body of
              writings happened much after the era of the Apostles and the
              Disciples. The early Fathers of the Church in the second century
              accepted some of the writings as authentic part of the scripture,
              rejecting many, and considering others as apocryphal. In fact, this
              resulted in variant canons of the scripture varied among different
              Churches. To this day, for instance, the Syriac Orthodox Church as
              well other Oriental churches consider the Book of Revelation as
              apocryphal and not part of the accepted canon of the New Testament.
              The authenticity of Acts authored by St. Luke was of course never in
              doubt. However, the point is that the very fathers you appear to
              minimize were responsible for the selection of the writings that
              today form what we know as the New Testament. You may argue that the
              writings that made it into the canon were divinely pre-ordained to be
              so, yet you cannot minimize the role of the early Fathers in shaping
              what we regard as scripture today. I would caution against the rather
              naive Protestant-influenced attitude of regarding scripture as the
              literal word of God, interpreting verses of scripture narrowly taking
              them out of the social, cultural, linguistic and historical context
              in which they were authored, ignoring Patristic traditions and
              reaching conclusions that were far from the intent of the authors.

              3. As St. Paul says in his epistle to the Hebrews (1:1-2), "In the
              past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times
              and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by
              his Son,..." Throughout the salvation history of mankind, God has
              spoken to man. He continues to speak to us to this day; unfortunately
              many of us do not strive to listen. While we pride in our
              intellectual faculties and knowledge, most of us are too engrossed in
              the ways of the world to hear and imbibe the Word of God with wisdom.
              It is thus very meaningful that we pray in the divine liturgy to
              raise Fathers of the Church who teach and interpret the word of truth
              correctly. Our attitude should be one of humility and submission to
              the Word of God and to the authority of the Church and its Fathers so
              that we can truly hear Him as He speaks to us.

              Thomas Joseph, Ph.D.
              Web Master, SOR (http://sor.cua.edu)
              Technical Editor, Hugoye (http://syrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye)

              --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Rajesh Philipos" wrote:
              > Dear all,
              >
              > Thank you for replying to my message. I am heartened to see that we
              all care
              > for each other, especially our spiritual needs and so you took time
              out to
              > answer my question.
              >
              > It might be true that infant baptism started from the 3rd century.
              However,
              > I am not of the opinion that everything that the early church
              fathers did
              > were right......
            • MalankaraVoice.cjb.net
              Message 6 of 13 , May 15 7:10 PM

                Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

                To read more click below

                   Yahoo! Autos - everything you wanted to know about cars and bikes new
              • PAUL POTHEN
                Message 7 of 13 , May 15 7:27 PM

                  Athura (liba),

                  I would like to know to which Church you belongs to, Methran�kakshi (Orthodox faction based at Kottayam ) or The�Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church ?

                  P Paul

                  What does SOCM-FORUM Stand for...Am confused a bit..

                  Is it anyway dedicated to The Orthodox Jacobite Church (Patrugheese) or The Orthodox Syrian Church..or its a Combn of members from both section of the church..

                • aathura thomas
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 16 4:36 AM

                    Hi Paul..

                          Well i belong to the ORTHODOX SYRIAN CHURCH..headed by Bawa thirumeni (His Holiness Moron Mar baselios Marthoma Mathews II)..And not the Patrughese or Jacobite Section of OSC. That should give u the answer

                                                                 Well does that make a difference..I am a christian..follower of God (The Holy Trinity). Is there any restrictions that the members of SOCM-FORUM should be Jacobite OSC?? Aren't we all children of God..

                    Liba Thomas

                    LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience