Re:Jacobite Movement

  • Mike Wingert
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 4, 2005
      Dear Ann,

      From your message, I can see that you are hungry for knowledge of the Christian faith. I commend you deeply.

      The question is, how do we satisfy such an appetite? If some foods are not prepared correctly, they may do more harm than merit to our bodies. In Japan, there is a fish called "Fugu," which we might call a "Puffer fish." This fish is deadly poisonous, yet it is a delicacy. It must be prepared carefully and correctly so that one may enjoy its unique taste.

      This really is the same with the scriptures (as well as some praise and worship songs). Like the fugu fish, many men tried to consume the scriptures without proper preparation. They thought they could each proclaim their personal interpretation of the scriptures as the correct, divine interpretation; the result of this idea, was a world that has been poisoned by an extraordinary large amount of denominations all claiming to follow the true Christ.

      It may be that no one educated you in your early years; I can't say. Still, it is good that you desire to be educated. You must be careful when dealing with people who are not qualified to give authentic exegesis. My recommendation would be NOT to attend these meetings, until you are better prepared to help bring them to the fullness of the Christian faith. It is possible that these meetings are innocent, but it is also possible that they are done to mislead innocent folks such as yourself.

      I suggest you bring some of the topics they have discussed and share them with us in the forum. It would be beneficial to everyone.

      Mike Wingert
      # 0902
    • SOCM News Bureau
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 8, 2005
        The pathetic story of Esther and her sisters of Mulanthuruthi is really heartbreaking. The Mathrubhumi yesterday reported the death of Esther, who died due to sickness and of malnutrition, should pose as a question mark on the Christina society.

        The one acre land with a house and around 3 acres of coconut and rubber plantation were in no way supported the life of Esther and her sisters Chinnamma teacher and Mary. The present cost of the land alone will be around 2 crores. However, it was reported that their brother Thampi was so cruel that he didn�t even allowed the sisters to get married and were beating them. He never allowed any other people to enter into their property.

        Esther was found dead on Thursday in her room and after her burial in Mulanthuruthi Marthoman Church, the sisters are now got admitted in a nearby hospital. �We didn�t eat anything for days. My Father made our house with rooms for every child, but fate was so cruel to us, and we couldn�t live there peacefully�, a weeping Mary told the crowd assembled at the funeral service. She showed the marks of beating on her body as well, inflicted by her brother Thampi.

        �Nobody was coming to our house due to Thampi�s cruelty. We were longing to see some people at some times.� Mary told the public. �For the last ten year we didn�t gone out of our house.�

        Chinnamma was a school teacher and her pension of Rs. 2,000/- was the only income for them. She was a Sunday school teacher as well. Her present condition is very pathetic as due to long period of poverty, she is bedridden and couldn�t even recognize any people.

        SOCM NEWS BUREAU � KOCHI