Re:Jacobite Movement

  • CJ Varughese
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 4, 2005
      Dear All,

      This refers to Ms. Ann George's message (2) in digest No.1388, wherein she
      advocates for attending the evangelical meetings.

      As has been seen in and around us, most of the protestant evengelists
      start with a worship prayer, praise and beautifully prepared Bible study,
      and thus attracts the poor, innocent believers from other churches.
      Initially one will feel that it is not harmful, but feel better than our
      worships. But later one will be dragged towards their doctrine, and poor
      believer will start questioning his own church belief. It depends upon the
      individuals involvement towards this new found doctrine,and finally he
      will not have no other way to stay back with his original churches, but
      forced to be with the new one.

      Upon my observation of such people, it has been found that they are all
      with mild mind set. Such people will be attracted towards anything new.
      They can't be firm on their belief. Such people were reluctant to involve
      in their own church affairs, and have a inferiority complex in their
      group, becuase of their own actions. They will find more involved with
      these new found group of believers, and the leader of that group will see
      that such people should be given prominence in all its activities of their
      faith related activities. They imbibe a complex upon these poor
      individuals, and they become prey to their hidden agenda of increasing the
      number of their group members. One more thing I would like to add about
      these people. If they go to any other religious places, like temples or
      mosques with loud musical backgrounds, such people will dance immediately
      after hearing it. They will forget the world even during that time.

      Dear Sr. Ann, be careful while interacting with such elements. Stick to
      your belief. Understand that just hearing a sermon will not amount to
      acquiring an eternal life, your actions will. You try to understand the
      meanings of our prayers, which are so beautifuly written. Nothing in this
      world is beautiful and meaningful than our prayers (such as premyons and
      Sedras, and prayers of important days). If one concentrate and try to
      understand our prayers fully will never be attracted towards the
      protestant pastors beautiful and sweetened words.

      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
      Member ID#1012
    • SOCM News Bureau
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 8, 2005
        The pathetic story of Esther and her sisters of Mulanthuruthi is really heartbreaking. The Mathrubhumi yesterday reported the death of Esther, who died due to sickness and of malnutrition, should pose as a question mark on the Christina society.

        The one acre land with a house and around 3 acres of coconut and rubber plantation were in no way supported the life of Esther and her sisters Chinnamma teacher and Mary. The present cost of the land alone will be around 2 crores. However, it was reported that their brother Thampi was so cruel that he didn�t even allowed the sisters to get married and were beating them. He never allowed any other people to enter into their property.

        Esther was found dead on Thursday in her room and after her burial in Mulanthuruthi Marthoman Church, the sisters are now got admitted in a nearby hospital. �We didn�t eat anything for days. My Father made our house with rooms for every child, but fate was so cruel to us, and we couldn�t live there peacefully�, a weeping Mary told the crowd assembled at the funeral service. She showed the marks of beating on her body as well, inflicted by her brother Thampi.

        �Nobody was coming to our house due to Thampi�s cruelty. We were longing to see some people at some times.� Mary told the public. �For the last ten year we didn�t gone out of our house.�

        Chinnamma was a school teacher and her pension of Rs. 2,000/- was the only income for them. She was a Sunday school teacher as well. Her present condition is very pathetic as due to long period of poverty, she is bedridden and couldn�t even recognize any people.

        SOCM NEWS BUREAU � KOCHI