Re: IMP : To Ronnie and all members

  • Ronnie Daniel
    Message 1 of 2004 , Sep 8, 2005
      Dear Brother Gigi,

      I fully understand your concerns. In fact I too am concerned about
      the issues you have raised about our leadership and the business
      lobby surrounding them. But, I trust in God and I believe that
      nothing will happen without God's knowledge. I show respect to the
      Holy spirit dwelling in them. I am not prepared to expose their
      nakedness in public. I believe that they will have to give account to
      God for whatever they are doing.

      You talked a lot to prove that the Jacobite church do not look for
      material benefits. Take the example of the church shown by pictures
      by Mr. George Aramath. Earlier I said that those who did this to that
      church deserve severe punishment. This church was unfortunately
      closed years ago. You had a huge majority there and you built a
      beautiful church on the next plot. IOC is conducting service in a
      house nearby with no facility and has only a few members who cannot
      afford a church as yours. Can you not allow the other faction to
      renovate the old church and use it for their service and use the
      cemetery commonly by all.
      What will you do if you get that old church back once the court case
      is over. You don't need two churches side by side. Right ? So, if
      you are not materialistic and egoistic, you can find a solution
      right there. But, of course our Ego will not allow us to let it go.
      We want to take revenge. We dont want to leave revenge for God. We
      want to teach the other side a lesson. I will do the same if I am in
      your position. I will not allow to let it go. But, let both of us
      understand that so long as we don't allow to let it go, it is Satan
      who wins. So, what we must do first is to pray to God to give us
      his Holy spirit to choose to let it go. God has to do miracles to
      let this happen. We all believe in a final judgment. Do you think
      St. Peter or St. Thomas is going to help us at the time of our
      judgment because we protected their thrones? Do you think they are
      going to check whether our "Kai Veppu" was right before judging us?

      I very honestly appreciate the effort of the people of Kolenchery to
      open that church. But, I have my doubt whether it is the work of Holy
      spirit or Evil spirit. I saw a write up from the Convenor of that
      church opening committee and it was very well evident from his email
      that it was an attempt to score points against the Bishop.

      You wrote that the Catholicose-Patriarch fight is only one century
      old. It is not. I just read the history recently. It is as old as
      the first Holy synod in Nicea in AD 325. Persian Catholicose and
      Antioch Patriarch were ordaining each other at times. Few time
      Persian Catholicoses became Antioch patriarch. They fought each
      other for power and positions. They consecrated Bishops in each
      others territory. Both thrones remained vacant for many years at
      times losing continuity of "Kai Veppu".
      That fight is still continuing. Instead of Persia it is in India
      for the last 100 years. That's all the difference.

      It is like the chicken and egg situation. Who came first ?? Chicken
      or Egg?
      Holy Patriarch will say I am the spiritual head and Catholicose is
      my subordinate and the temporal head. Catholicose will say until I
      am the spiritual head , my temporal head position is under threat.
      And both are claiming to have a throne for each of them. However,
      the Bible doesn't say Jesus Christ establishing any thrones in this
      world. In fact his throne was the Cross.
      His 12 disciples too didn't want any thrones in this world. They told
      the people that no church should be named after their names or their
      thrones. Churches were named after the country or city where they
      were originated.
      Is it not a fact that the 4 patriarchates in the first Nicea Synod
      was created according to the strength of Christians in the 4 cities
      of Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria and Rome. It is also a fact that
      only fathers from the Meditarrenean region attended the first Nicea
      Synod. Initially Jerusalem was the head quarters of the Church. Then
      it became Antioch. Then it became Rome. Then Constantinople was
      added. Then Persia was added.
      This is why I said the church was evolving, canons were made and
      church expanded, many more churches were born in different countries.
      Some churches occupied other's quoting a verse or two from the
      Bible.
      Canons, Laws and Rules were made to run the Church system and we
      happened to be entangled in the System forgetting about the aim of
      establishing the church.
      Here we have two things. A Product and a System. We need a system to
      get a product.
      Salvation is the product or fruit of Christianity and Church is the
      System to get us that fruit.
      Church or faith is not our final aim. Our final aim is Salvation.
      Church and faith is a path to salvation.
      As it stands right now we are not working towards our salvation and
      instead worshipping the system which guide us to salvation.
      Protecting the thrones. Defending the Bishops. Capturing churches.
      Fighting on the streets. Do you think these things will help our
      salvation.
      Are we prepared to put up a blunt question to our leaders asking them
      whether a "Vishwasa Samrakshana Samithi" will give me salvation?
      Whether a procession to Manarcadu to capture that church will give me
      salvation? Should I harm my brother to protect my "Vishwasam". In
      fact what we are protecting is not "Vishwasam ", but , Ego, Power ,
      greed and self centredness of the leaders.

      Giji, don't think that I am blaming any one of you. We have
      inherited this problem and unfortunately our ego doesn't permit us to
      get out of it. And this is going to last as long as humanity exists.
      We are all captives of evil forces within us. May be with one court
      verdict or one split it will end for the next 10 or 12 years. But,
      Satan is creating a new generation of people every 15 to 20 years to
      carry it forward. Look at the history of events. 1912, 1934, 1958,
      1975, 1995, now 2005. Every 15 to 20 years a new generation will be
      dragged into this dispute.
      Do you think this is happening to us is with out God's knowledge. He
      knows it and he allowed it. Same way he allowed Satan to test Job.

      So, my point is that keep Satan away from your soul and try to find
      peace within this turbulence and always be with the powerless people
      whichever side they are.

      With Prayers
      Ronnie Daniel
      ID # 2304
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2004 of 2004 , Dec 10 5:22 PM

        "Do not be surprised that you fall every day; do not give up, but stand your ground courageously. And assuredly, the angel who guards you will honor your patience."

        St. John of the Ladder.

        "may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."  1 Peter 5:10

        The Bible reading for the 2nd of Kiahk, December 11, is:
        32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 35 Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; 36 and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. 38 And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 41 Then Peter said to Him, Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. (Luke 12:32-44)
        Departure of the Saint Abba Hor, the Monk.
        Departure of Bishop Mina Ava Mina, Abbot of St. Mina's Monastery.

        The Bible reading for the 3rd of Kiahk, December 12, is: Luke 1:39-56
        The Entrance of Saint Mary into the Temple at Jerusalem.

        Prayer Requests:

        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.