Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: An open letter from Jacob V Joshua on the latest developments in the Malankara Church

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 9:36 AM
      Sir,

      Names can sometimes be very misleading !! Is "Marthoma "
      church-the orginal church established by St.Thomas.(Marthoma)?
      Many"innocent" people seem to think so.!! If the pride of
      The Indian Orthodox Church is just the "Indianness" in it,
      then what can be said of the patiotism of the members of this
      community living abroad ? (Kerala Orthodox Church is more apt for
      us who can never accept just any Indian into it )

      It is important to understand here that the feeling of patriotism
      is entirely different from the"' show of patriotism"(like politicians).
      There are people-fanatic politiciaans like late Mr. Lohia who felt
      that conversing in the national language is very necessary to be patriotic.

      In my younger days there was a Vanchi geetham (in praise of the king of
      Travancore).This song I loved those days (I should say )..
      Does this imply any unfaithfllness to my dear country ? If I love
      malayalam/english and sincerly serve country at border but is against
      Hindi imposition I am less patriotic. ? So by calling the orginal
      christains,of Kerala who were under the Patriarch of Antioh and
      all the East,by the name"Indian Orthodox people'' and also saying
      you are proud since theword Indian is added, is only cheap
      'show of patriotism' . It is gimmick intended for these innocent,
      gullible sheep like us.. It is like being in PMO ,office and selling
      military secrets to Pakistan and claim to be patriotic and recieve
      at Padmashree.. If your idea is to distingush the church established
      in in 1912 by MM,Vattseril metran etc by calling it Indian Orthodox church
      and rest of us have to be proud of that I will recommend the appropriate
      name is MM orthodox church.
      vmt
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2002
        My condolences to the bereaved family and prayers for the departed, Fr John
        KK.