Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Sudden demise of my niece

  • DANIEL BABU PAUL
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2002
      may the good soul rest in peace. may God comfort the bereaved.
      TOTUS TUUS MARIA
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2002

        Click the following links for the latest from Malankara

        &
        332nd Dhukhrono of 'MarThoma I' on 25th April 2002
        The 1st Metropolitan of Malankara Church
        (Angamaly Jacobite Syrian Church)
        26-Apr-02

        76th Death Anniversary of  Rev.Fr.Scaria Malpan, Elavinamannil

        (Founder of St.Stephen's Church, Majanikkara)

        26-Apr-02

        Download cricket Yahoo! Score Tracker for live cricket scores on your desktop
      • Thomas Daniel
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2002
          Beloved in Christ,
          Whenever we hear anything new about this young man,it's good news! Please keep up your prayers! Theyappear to be pleasing to God!
          In the Victory of the High King,
          Fr. Jim

          From: "Jan Arrington" <janarrington@a...>
          Subject: Update on Little Josh Agosto -- Friday Morning
          Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:50:40 -0700
          Dear Ones,
          Godfather (Father Deacon Stephen Agosto) said that little Josh is�coming along pretty well right now.... he has some fluid in his lungs�which they are taking care of and has a little sinus infection. He�is reacting to pain in his limbs.
          The main things that are worrying right now are�these: He needs to be�able to breathe sufficiently on his own to be moved�out of the ICU.Right now he is being backed up by the respirator�still since his�breathing is not deep and sustained enough by�itself. Also, he has no�gag reflex, and this needs to be, so that he will be�able to eat and�drink on his own without choking. Also, if he can�come to more, then he can begin the lengthy process of rehabilitation�right now while he�is at the hospital. Otherwise, if these don't�happen, he will have to�come home with full time nursing care or go into a�nursing home until�this occurs.
          They will be doing a spinal tap to check on his�pressure and how well�it is doing right now.
          Thank you so very, very much for your prayers for�us! We have come so�far in the last month! Please help me continue to�pray for this�little one!
          Holy Theotokos, St. Joseph the Betrothed, St.�Raphael of Brooklyn,�St. Lucy, Holy Unmercenary Saints, St. John the�Wonderworker, Blessed�Olga of Alaska, Blessed Father Arseny, please pray�for us!
          God Bless!
          Love,
          Jan

        • V Thomas
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27, 2002
            Sir,

            Names can sometimes be very misleading !! Is "Marthoma "
            church-the orginal church established by St.Thomas.(Marthoma)?
            Many"innocent" people seem to think so.!! If the pride of
            The Indian Orthodox Church is just the "Indianness" in it,
            then what can be said of the patiotism of the members of this
            community living abroad ? (Kerala Orthodox Church is more apt for
            us who can never accept just any Indian into it )

            It is important to understand here that the feeling of patriotism
            is entirely different from the"' show of patriotism"(like politicians).
            There are people-fanatic politiciaans like late Mr. Lohia who felt
            that conversing in the national language is very necessary to be patriotic.

            In my younger days there was a Vanchi geetham (in praise of the king of
            Travancore).This song I loved those days (I should say )..
            Does this imply any unfaithfllness to my dear country ? If I love
            malayalam/english and sincerly serve country at border but is against
            Hindi imposition I am less patriotic. ? So by calling the orginal
            christains,of Kerala who were under the Patriarch of Antioh and
            all the East,by the name"Indian Orthodox people'' and also saying
            you are proud since theword Indian is added, is only cheap
            'show of patriotism' . It is gimmick intended for these innocent,
            gullible sheep like us.. It is like being in PMO ,office and selling
            military secrets to Pakistan and claim to be patriotic and recieve
            at Padmashree.. If your idea is to distingush the church established
            in in 1912 by MM,Vattseril metran etc by calling it Indian Orthodox church
            and rest of us have to be proud of that I will recommend the appropriate
            name is MM orthodox church.
            vmt
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2002
              My condolences to the bereaved family and prayers for the departed, Fr John
              KK.